The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took things apart today to do the Stan's and Inokinetic Reinforcer mods. I've noticed that the shifter console and the trim piece that surrounds the cupholder have always been loose since I bought the car. Turned out that neither piece has the required tabs so that they can be fastened.

I don't like the carbon fiber looks either. I'm thinking of just going without those 2 pieces for now, until I can find the OEM replacements. But, what to do with the door lock switch and hazard light? Any issues with leaving them unplugged?

I've seen the Inokinetic ShiftR. It looks sweet with everything exposed. But it's an expensive item.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
if you have traction control it will get disabled without the switch

blinkers dont work without the flasher switch

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you have the ShiftR111, or the stock shifter?
Thanks,
I have the shifteR111. But you can use it either way . If you run without the console you just have to be a bit more careful of dropping stuff in there , where as with the shifteR111 it's easier to recover.

Anytime ,
Daniel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
if you have traction control it will get disabled without the switch

blinkers dont work without the flasher switch

And, flashers don't either and you may need them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I ended up plugging them in, but left the cables wrapped up and tucked under the side of the driver seat. Just ordered the switch panel from Inokinetic. BTW, I noticed a 3rd cable with a plug unused. Is this for traction control? So did my car come with that option but the previous owner disconnected it?
Thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's my understanding that at a minimum the ECU would need to be flashed to take advantage of it including purchase/install of the switch...

·
Registered
965 Posts
I do believe that is the plug for the traction control. It was on 2006 and newer cars. Mine are 05' so I don't really know much about it but I found this. Looks like it would mate with the connector in the picture.
Traction Control (06 onwards)

Reactions: Darren Donovan
1 - 11 of 11 Posts