The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Last year my Larini cat-back called it quits following a track day at Area 27 (not uncommon, so I've heard, due to the long full-throttle straights and hot ambient temps).
I was never too happy with the Larini (exit pipes drooped constantly) so would like to replace with something different.
I've been driving with the stock muffler and a de-cat pipe ever since...and miss the noise (if not the drone).
Been ages since I've bought any performance parts for my Elise, so wondering who's still around and what people recommend.

Would prefer stainless steel (this isn't a competition car and the cost per lb savings of titanium doesn't resonate with me...pun intended.)

I'm in BC, Canada by the way.

Cheers!

Yarko

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
bwr makes a through-diffuser pipe to add onto the boe qs, st, and st-5 exhausts which are easily re-packable. It's an option in case you track it and are worried about blowing out the exhaust.

grp carries quicksilver and top speed...don't know much about them to be honest.

then there's 2bular, but some people here have issues getting their parts in a timely manner. I know I had issues about 4 years ago.

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
152 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,929 Posts
If it were me, I would try to get Inokinetic's Sonic Fury because there is supposed to be no droning. However I have never seen one or heard the sound so can't vouch for that stuff.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah by all accounts the Sonic Fury is a good one and if/when I get an exhaust that is probably the one I'll get. The thru diffuser option appears to be sold out though.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Last year my Larini cat-back called it quits following a track day at Area 27
When you say your Larini 'called it quits,' what exactly do you mean? Was yours the Sports system w/ slash tips (LA0071SRS)?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
When you say your Larini 'called it quits,' what exactly do you mean? Was yours the Sports system w/ slash tips (LA0071SRS)?
I assumed he meant the fiberglass packing fried out. Rattled and got noisy.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Right, I was thinking one of the side hangers separated itself from the muffler shell and started rattling or something. @Yarko, mind clarifying?

I've had the Larini SE myself for several years and never experienced any problems (I don't track the car and have stock engine mounts). I also took it to a muffler shop to have the T304 stainless tips 'straightened' to look more seamless with the rear diffuser exit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts