The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
According to what I have seen, the exterior color does not affect the interior color choices. The ordering guide only calls out combinations as "recommended."

Touring Package=

Black, Bisquit, Red (blue is listed on the order sheet but did not seem available at the show)

Standard Package=

Black or Black... or Black

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Good question.

I think there are certain items that add zero to almost no weight.

Leather trim (instead of cloth).
Electric windows (removes weight).
Upgraded radio (can't weigh a lot more)
Stowage net (my socks weigh more than that)

And items that are marginal in considering-

Full carpet sets. It is still very little carpeting bits. Dresses it up, but you are not carpeting a living room here. I would venture under a pound or two.

Thermal insulated soft top. This is foam. It can't be very heavy. Maybe a pound or two?

So all in all, we are probably under 5 pounds. What is left? Sound deadening. What is a layer of undercoating weigh? A few pounds? Maybe 4 or 5?

I would be surprised if the entire Touring Package added more than 10 pounds. And I would be even more surprised if for most of us, that is noticeable. I know I could just quit eating so much and make up that difference.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Full carpet sets. It is still very little carpeting bits. Dresses it up, but you are not carpeting a living room here. I would venture under a pound or two.
I'd still love to find out if the carpet is easily removed, revealing the exact same flooring underneath as the non-Touring Pack.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
atyclb said:
I'd still love to find out if the carpet is easily removed, revealing the exact same flooring underneath as the non-Touring Pack.
If I can remember, I will try to ask that Friday.

P.S. That Chicken Fried Steak at The Pantry probably should be illegal.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have another question for you attendees. I was think about the coloured interiors until I realized they are leather. I think the cloth will "breathe" much better. But how about the standard cloth, it is called black but is it all really black?
Some of the pictures seem to show that the interior is two tone grey. Can someone tell me if it is light/dark grey or something more like charcoal and black.

BTW The pictures have convinced me to get the hardtop. It looks really sweet on the car!!!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

The oval on the far left is the sample swatch of the cloth. Each of the ovals show two ovals...one in the middle is the perforated leather.

The left one has an additional smaller oval with the cloth in it, which looks lighter here, but I think that is just how it reflects the light. Standing over it, it all looked black to me. I will get a pic looking at it from above.

Nick mentioned to me that on hot days, the leather seats could get quite warm compared to the cloth.

(Also mentioned that the AC was really quite.... adequate)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts