The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but, what is the duct to the left of the engine air intake duct for? There's one on each side of the car and they appear to go from the sides of the car to the area behind the rear wheels. There aren't any heat exchangers on the sides of the car so I'm confused as to what these are for.

(photo borrowed from Sector 111...not my car)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
This may be a dumb question but, what is the duct to the left of the engine air intake duct for? There's one on each side of the car and they appear to go from the sides of the car to the area behind the rear wheels. There aren't any heat exchangers on the sides of the car so I'm confused as to what these are for.

(photo borrowed from Sector 111...not my car)
I have ducts like that and they feed air into my intercooler. They didn’t come like that from the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Those are vents on either side of the rear seat area, behind the panels, and provide cabin air pressure relief and cooling to components in those areas (rear fuse panel, subwoofer/amp).

I snapped a pic of the LHS one behind the fuse panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hm, interesting. Seems odd that they would run such a long duct just for cabin pressure relief. Also seems like a good way for a rodent to get inside the car.

The left cools the boot so your ice cream won’t melt on the way home
I like this idea better. :grin2:

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Now I’m confused. I thought those ducts were aftermarket and their purpose was to feed air into the intercooler. Jesus. Now I just noticed that’s an Evora and not an Exige. I’m an idiot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts