The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just quoted $472 for 6 months of 150 / 300 coverage through USAA.

Thats $150 more than my Z06. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I got my new 2005 Elise last week. My six months premium is $404 and my 2004 Z06 is $389. I have 250k/500k liability. I have $500 deductable. Location is Orlando, FL for comparison. Multi-car discount and clean record. The company is First Floridian which is owned by Travelers.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Not sure what I pay but when I took it by for the inspection they didn't even have Lotus as a manufacturer. Statefarm is my insurer and the agent came out himself and said with a smile "don't crash it, becasue whatever we're charging you, it's not enough"

·
Registered
364 Posts

Thanks for reminding me. I need to get my Elise inspected.

The conversation about don't crash it is very valid. I am worried the insurance companies will get some crash repair data and up our rates. I can see insurance going up for an individual with accident history. I just don't want everyones to go up with new information for repair costs. I guess the insurance will eventually go up. Is the cost to repair an Elise really that high of similar priced sports cars? Maybe it is not as bad as we think. What is your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I don't think it will be too bad. Repairing fiberglass is not really the mystery that it used to be and the clam pices themselves as parts are not that expensive. It will be a while, if ever, for our rates to go up industry wide because of a few offenders. The main issue will be the relatively insignificant crashes that result in the auto being totalled because of the chassis, that are worrisome.I don't think there are enough cars out there for the insurers to really worry about though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts