The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot of FI threads, and the one thing that seems to go unanswered is the fuel pump. Aside from sumping your gas tank and running an inline pump, are there any drop in options? I've tried searching and faqs, but haven't run across any definite information.

This is for a 2005 Elise.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I would ask that question over at Moremonkey.com as well, Alot of the built motor guys hang out there!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Walbro 255 Lph (litres per hour) drop in fuel pumps are popular in the aftermarket. I though i remember seeing a vendor selling a Walbro for Exiges....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Walbro 255 Lph (litres per hour) drop in fuel pumps are popular in the aftermarket. I though i remember seeing a vendor selling a Walbro for Exiges....
That's funny. My first inclination was to look for a Walbro for the Elise... but I couldn't find a part for an Elise. Maybe a Celica GT-S Walbro 255? I'm sure the gas tank isn't even close to being the same.

·
Vendor
3,273 Posts
I have been running 750cc injectors on the XP car with 370HP on the stock pump with no issues.

·
Registered
624 Posts
mine is still on stock pump as well.. not super high power tho

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
That's funny. My first inclination was to look for a Walbro for the Elise... but I couldn't find a part for an Elise. Maybe a Celica GT-S Walbro 255? I'm sure the gas tank isn't even close to being the same.
I remember seeing an advertisement on some website based in Europe somewhere. I can't remember the site unfortunately. The pump is not expensive (should be around $100ish) . Note, Walbro's are also known as "Whinebro's" since they are loud and make lots of whining noises when the car is pushed hard in hot temps.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Yes the 255 Walbro is a common upgrade. I'm ordering mine this week :coolnana:

Will also be converting to a return fuel system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts