The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep going back and forth between the 5 element aluminum diffuser and the Reverie 5 element diffuser from Sector. The Reverie 3 element is not in stock so it is not an option.

Affordability is not an issue, though value is a big issue.

AluminDiffuser
Pros:
1. price
2. i track the car, so i don't need to be as concerned with chips and nicks.

Cons:
1. weight

Reverie 5 element diffuser
Pros:
1. weight

Cons
1. not sure how it will hold up to track use/abuse

Would appreciate any feedback between these 2.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
put starshield on the carbon diffuser

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I just bought the aludiffuser.

To me the fact the aludiffuser can be repaired is a big plus. Also to my very un-trained eye, the aludiffuser looks as functionnal as the Reverie (if not even better the vanes look to be even deeper).

Anyway, for me the Reverie wasn't worth 500$ more than the Alu. The small weight saving could be worth it if you're really anal about weight savings. You could probably put that 500$ on a braille battery and save much more weight.

But how much heavier the alu diffuser really is?

·
Registered
677 Posts
For track use consider splitters and diffusers as consumables. All it takes is one off into the gravel and the carbon items will take an absolute beating. It won't do the ali much good but it'll hold up to that a bit better and is cheaper too.

If you are going for the ultimate lap time or racing seriously then go for the carbon. Otherwise the ali will do fine and last alot longer.

Lotus don't even use anything fancy for their race cars - in fact the front splitters are just ply wood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts