The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, brand new to the forum here, bought a wrecked elise the other day and just found this site and found out i bought a members old wrecked elise, anyways... I have to replace the front and more than likely the rear clams - i have priced factory replacements and damaged - but my question is what are my options for any aftermarket direct replacement body kits in the states? Preferably close to ohio? I am not sure which way i want to go and really dont know much about the elise as of now but am learning, i figure if i have to buy them i might as well buy something i may like a little more than the stock ones, thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Unfortunately most aftermarket body panels tend to be carbon fiber (which is nice) and about twice the cost of the fiberglass Lotus part (which isn't nice ;)). You could go with an Exige front clam for the car, which is what I was going to do if they had wanted to fix it. It loses the little seam that runs along the front of the clam under the headlights and adds venting to behind the wheels. Small differences but it does look cool when you're finished.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Hey guys, brand new to the forum here, bought a wrecked Elise the other day and just found this site and found out i bought a members old wrecked Elise, anyways...
Besides the clam damage, what other damage does the car have? In particular, if the suspension mounts and/or the chassis is bent/torn/distorted you probably have a car that can't be repaired (properly) without a new chassis. Soooo, tell us more about the car.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Besides the clam damage, what other damage does the car have? In particular, if the suspension mounts and/or the chassis is bent/torn/distorted you probably have a car that can't be repaired (properly) without a new chassis. Soooo, tell us more about the car.
Chassis is fine, needs to have the rear toe link replaced but aside from that it drove ok.

You can see body damage here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53824

Small world isn't it :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
No aftermarket bodywork suppliers near OH I'm afraid. There are a few international ones though, like Reverie, ESTA, and a handful of Japanese shops that produce their own pieces for the Lotus S2.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
GT3 kit from tony woo :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts