The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its probably on here somewhere but couldn't find it in search or in the Lotus For Sale sticky...

What books / keys / other stuff should come with a Lotus? The cars I'm looking at specifically are a 2007 Exige S and/or 2006 Exige, in case it matters.

So far, seems like there is an:
- owners manual
- smaller service book
- 1-2 manual "supplements"
- case for the above
- 2 keys and fobs (is there a third key sans alarm fob?)

What else?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
That's what I got. I also got the head unit manual and a separate info sheet for the alarm. If you have LoJack, you should info for that as well.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
My 2009 Elise has a stock Alpine radio.

It didn't have a manual but it may have come with a CD. In any event the manual can be downloaded from the Alpine site.

It also came with a plastic case to store the detachable faceplate.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Mine should have come with a small card that had the 4 digit PIN CODE # for the Cobra Alarm that is installed in the car. This card should also be handed from owner to owner. You'll need it for getting into your car - resetting the alarm functions, etc. if you ever have your FOB fail on you. You can get the PIN # from a dealer if you prove that you own the car, if you didn't get the card like me.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
A step by step guide for getting the car to start and turning off the head lights would have been nice. It seems to take an un-natural sequence that guests to the car have a hard time getting down.

Whats the point of a push start if you still have a tumble lock?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw mention of a "wallet key" on another thread. are there 2 keys with alarm fobs and a 3rd fobless key or just the 2 keys with fobs?

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
I saw mention of a "wallet key" on another thread. are there 2 keys with alarm fobs and a 3rd fobless key or just the 2 keys with fobs?
I've never seen the "wallet key" but it would be useless without a fob anyway - you need the fob to disable the immobiliser to start the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts