The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an Elise for my next car and I was wondering what would fit in it. I'm not planning on hauling loads of cargo, but it would be nice if I could fit my road bicycle (with the wheels off) in the back. Anyone try this?

I've been trying to find a new car in the US based on these simple criteria:
1. 2 door
2. rear wheel drive
3. manual trans.
4. sporty/fun
5. can potentially fit a wheel-less bicycle inside (or something equivalent. I never seem to transport anything bigger than that, so it's a good measure)

You would think that would be easy, but I have yet to find a car that has those things. Suggestions?

·
Registered
571 Posts
A single wheel can't fit in the back

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
2 cases of Guiness! nuff said

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm.... Thanks a lot for the pics and tips. Very helpful.
You're right, it doesn't look like a bike frame will fit at all. That's the first picture I've seen with a compact spare in the back so now I can put some scale to the trunk size. I'll just have to use my GTI for cargo if I get a Lotus. Thanks again.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Elise != practical in any way, shape, or form. Best to move on.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Actually, it's not a "compact" spare, it's a "collapsible" spare.
Michael
Hmmm.... Thanks a lot for the pics and tips. Very helpful.
You're right, it doesn't look like a bike frame will fit at all. That's the first picture I've seen with a compact spare in the back so now I can put some scale to the trunk size. I'll just have to use my GTI for cargo if I get a Lotus. Thanks again.

·
Registered
378 Posts
With the inside release latch, my wife and I feel it's fine for children up to about age three or / 40 lbs. Engine note does a great job of covering up any whining too!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have a Bike Friday that can probably fit in the passenger seat, when folded.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
With the inside release latch, my wife and I feel it's fine for children up to about age three or / 40 lbs. Engine note does a great job of covering up any whining too!
rotfl

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
2 cases of Guiness! nuff said
Alright, A Guinness drinker. Although, if you store them in the back when going to a party, make sure to tell people to be careful when opening. A warm and curvy drive will cause them to explode upon opening. I think at the last party, it took the 5th or 6th person to realize the Guinness came in the Lotus.

·
Registered
180 Posts
IMG_0089.JPG I was bored this evening so decided to see if I could fit my mountain bike in the passengers seat. Hear are the results. Had to take off both wheels and the seat/seatpost. Haven't tried driving like this, but the WRX Wagon is the bike transporter anyway. Seems like it would work in a pinch as long as there's no rain in the forecast.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
It fits lots of groceries. It is also good for duffle bags for a weekend trip. You can hang a suit from the soft top behind the front seats as well.

·
Registered
275 Posts
how come we cant have a hard top that goes on in two pieces almost like "T-tops," but without the center beam? That way we could fit that in the trunk like the soft top:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had a car with T-tops when I was in high school and they leaked like hell. I could only imagine what would happen if we depended on Lotus for all of those seals...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts