The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new father and my Elise hasn't been out of the garage much lately. I'm considering trading my Elise for something with a 2+2 config. Problem is there isn't really anything that excites me in the 35k price range. Has anyone been through this? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I am a new father and my Elise hasn't been out of the garage much lately. I'm considering trading my Elise for something with a 2+2 config. Problem is there isn't really anything that excites me in the 35k price range. Has anyone been through this? Any thoughts?
Everyone I know that had kids went M3/5 or 911. Lots in the $35k range. Is go for the Evora if you can find a good deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jaguar XKR? Something like this? 2006/2007. Not sure what prices are in the US, but you can pick one of them up for about £22k here.

It's a poor excuse for a 2+2 though! The people sitting in the back are assumed to have no legs, I think... Not a problem if you don't plan on using the +2 often though. You just have the option for if you really need it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've always wanted an air cooled 911, but I don't think I trade the lotus for it. Also really really really would love a 308...would be very tempting, but nah.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm eyeballing cars more in the $13-20k range for my next car, and use the spare cash from selling the Lotus for other investments. I'm strange, and thinking of going the opposite direction from a race car for the street to a luxo barge. I have a fully prepared rally car that I race often, and would like to race MORE often.

S55 AMG
S600
M5 with a manual
loaded 5-series with a manual
Porsche Cayman
Tuned/Modded 135i

That's sort of my short list.

·
Registered
676 Posts
One fun to another. Jeep wrangler 4dr lifted rubicon

·
Registered
283 Posts
One fun to another. Jeep wrangler 4dr lifted rubicon
That.

I dont think there's anything out there that could be as fun as the Elise in the 35k price range, with 2 back seats.
Maybe a FR-S, BRZ or used Cayman, great cars, easy to live with everyday, but not as fun.

I'd go with the Jeep and play in the mud.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I agree with the Jeep, but if off-road isn't your thing I have another suggestion.

Less "foreign prestige" than a Porsche or M3 but also less pedestrian: Boss 302 Mustang.

My dad has one - it's piggish but it'll beat an M3 around a track and it's really cool, especially in the ways kids think is cool (loud, mean looking, and so on).

It's a real 2+2... silly, tiny, but working back seats. It definitely checks a lot more practicality boxes than the Lotus without quite being into beige sedan land.

·
Registered
765 Posts
There's nothing anywhere near the price range of $35K for which I would trade my Exige. Come to think of it, considering what I already have in the garage, I can't think of anything in the 5 figure range that I would trade for my Exige.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
swift db6 or something little older, crossle 35f. in fact - lotus may be up for sale soon.....

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would trade my Lotus for an Exige S. :drool:

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Go test drive a Honda Fit Sport...but with a manual transmission... they go for like $20K new and are a blast to drive. And you'll have $15K left over to buy an old Lotus Formula Ford to bang around...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts