The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone has had to sell any cars? I am very possessive with my cars and I hate to part with any of them. But surprisingly, I find that I'm willing to let go the one car I held onto the longest (1984 Mustang SVO).

In preparation for the Elise, I'll be selling these cars:

1984 Mustang SVO
2003 Mustang Mach 1
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
2002 Audi A4 3.0 Avant... maybe (if I can't sell my '97 A4 for a good price)

I guess my stable is shrinking! :p

Bob

·
Registered
670 Posts
C4 Corvette sold 7/16/04.... good riddance, no regret.

Steve

·
Registered
970 Posts
Mean TT said:
2001 Audi TT Quattro - Roadster.

Now driving 2004 F-150 rental (for the price of a civic-32 dollars per day).

How do you like the F150???. There are some selling for 13,500 new. I was considering it for a daily driver cause I can throw a go kart in the back and there always seems to be a need for a truck these days with home improvement and such.

Is it a total POS or has the quality gone up? Strengths?. Weaknesses?.

BTW, I sold a modified E46 M3 to prepare for the Elise. I wish my car would come soon cause it is too dangerous for me to have this amt money in the bank. Otherwise, I might be buying a Hyundai instead....:)

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am not selling my current commuter but will have a difficult decision to make every morning. My choice to the train station will either be the scooter ( Peugeot speed fight II WRC paint job)
or the Elise.:) :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
350z Track with 14 inch stoptechs big brake kit front and rear and KW version-3 coilovers...and some other stuff

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Sownman said:
I would have had a very very hard time selling that car. I was actually looking to buy a classic brit car when I discovered the Elise and changed my mind.

Steve
I had it for 12 years and I did not do much too it. It needs a lot of work and a lot of money but when it is done it will be a great car. It will be a $40-50K car but it will need a years worth of work and about $20K.

·
Registered
866 Posts
mact3333 said:
How do you like the F150???. There are some selling for 13,500 new. I was considering it for a daily driver cause I can throw a go kart in the back and there always seems to be a need for a truck these days with home improvement and such.

Is it a total POS or has the quality gone up? Strengths?. Weaknesses?.

BTW, I sold a modified E46 M3 to prepare for the Elise. I wish my car would come soon cause it is too dangerous for me to have this amt money in the bank. Otherwise, I might be buying a Hyundai instead....:)

To Tell the truth, it is pretty nice. I have a rental fleet version, so it is the cheapest interior, and it is not 4WD. Taht being said, it is a version with 4 full sized doors. Verdict:

Fit and finish is VERY impressive. The consul is nicely done and with the exception of the display, and this version has the transmission of the column, everything else is high quality. Remember that there are severya versions of the interior available depending on which version of the truch you get.

Ride is very very soft. It is a cruiser. If you need to turn fast, or especially if you need to stop quickly, you feel like you will be ejected through the windshield. The ride itself is very smooth, and I was impressed with the comfor level. Even though there has never been a load in the bed, the back end does not want to step out like a lot of hter truck-it still feels light, but not as bad as other.

Engine is adequite. Not too fuel efficient, but somewhat powerful. Transmission is perfect, not loud, gears shifts always happen when you need them, and you never really notice it doing its thing unless you really step on it. At that point, the engine just makes noise, and adds a little acceleration.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Originally posted by rtking<p>I'm willing to let go the one car I held onto the longest (1984 Mustang SVO).
I love that car. Back then I elected to go with the '84 Laser 2.2. turbo and regretted it everytime I saw the SVO.

I will [sadly] be selling my Land Rover Defender 90 to make room for the Elise.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
frankk said:
I will [sadly] be selling my Land Rover Defender 90 to make room for the Elise.
What are Defender 90s going for these days? That would balance out nicely with an Elise:D

·
Registered
971 Posts
None, the others are too practical. I'll use the '98 Neon R/T as a winter car until it dies (it has 99K now) and the Diesel Ram is for fresh snow, pulling trailers and trips to Home Depot (my house and garage are coming along fine but I still have a long way to go).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Patricko said:
What are Defender 90s going for these days? That would balance out nicely with an Elise:D
I took care of it so I'm hoping for around $30K but yea, the Elise-D90 combo would be my dream (dual topless brits). I have a family (3 kids) so I can't pull this off. As compensation, I have an 04 Audi S4 sedan -- this makes my mom & mother-in-law happy -- what they don't know won't hurt...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts