• They all look good to me, I've stared too long

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that all the colors I've seen look good. Even colors I didn't think I like look good if I stare at them long enough. So here's a new approach. What colors do you hate?

:confused:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm generally not partial to green cars, but if I am ever going to do it -- it would be on a British car. I'd put the Rising Sun on the doors though.

Purple is pretty bad. I didn't even care much for BMW's Daytona Violet.

I can see yellow or orange having appeal, but it's not my style.

Black is always sharp and I can keep it clean, but this car is so small already -- black will make it look like a bug.

Love the blues, but my other cars are blue.

I've done the silver thing (who hasn't?) and it gets boring for me.

Titanium is pretty nice, but it will get boring too.

The dark red "bordeaux" is pretty nice looking, and it's in the running, but it's not quite as nice as a Ferrari Barchetta red (the deep blood red that I love). BMW's Imola red is nicer too.

So that leaves Ardent Red. Too flashy? Nah....when I take this car out, I'll be in the mood for red. I don't know if I'd want red everyday, but this car isn't for everyday. Red may scream "look at me", but let's be serious. This car isn't exactly subtle. Might as well be seen.

Looks like Ardent Red is my choice.

Now -- do I get two-tone seats or just plain black?

·
Registered
327 Posts
The only colors I would be truly unhappy to own are:

Bronze
&
Purple

They're just nasty.

·
Registered
963 Posts
The only color I don't like is black. Only because I've had a black car already and it was a pain to keep clean.

I also can do without silver, never had a silver car before (did have a silver truck, does that count). Everyone has silver these days.

I like the loud colors, yellow, red, orange.

I even like the purple, dark red, and green, but will probably go with yellow, as my current car is yellow and i love it.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Aztec Bronze is just hideous. I'll be suprised if anyone at all orders one. Second on my list is Silver. I like silver, but the Lotus silver isn't metalic enough. It's too dull.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I hope Lotus is watching - maybe they will replace bronze with ice blue....

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Honestly... if there was a color I could avoid, it would be Chrome Orange...

It's more like a goldenrod or tangerine than orange... I think Lotus strayed from the gay names for a reason... people don't want to know they're driving around in a TANGERINE automobile... so give the men two things they like: chrome and orange, and let their egos fool them.

But then, a color by any other name is still a color... and it's the color that I have a problem with to begin with.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: dont care about others, its ardent red for me.

OneFastMiata said:
Ardent Red owners UNITE!

I voted "they all look good to me".

I cant believe someone voted that they HATE ardent red! :(
I agree 100%

Ardent looks amazing in person!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
ivan1 said:
I hope Lotus is watching - maybe they will replace bronze with ice blue....
I have to agree with this comment. I think most would rather Ice Blue to Aztec Bronze. I hope Lotus sees this poll.

This is very interesting. I think most people here do not have a favorite color set in stone. But we can easily see what colors are in the running and what colors are out of the question.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I think that the Bronze is too light to really look good. The color they have now is more of a "metallic tan" like you would find on a Camry or Accord. It is not flattering on the Elise.

A darker bronze, like what I saw on a recent model BMW Z3, would probably look a lot better. It looked awesome on the Z3 with a light brown cloth top. And I don't particularly like the looks of the Z3 Roadster.

Ardent Red: "This is a sports car!"

Saffron Yellow: "Hey! Look at me in my sports car!"

Chrome Orange: "LOOK AT ME GODDAMMIT!"

·
Registered
493 Posts
It's more like a goldenrod or tangerine than orange... I think Lotus strayed from the gay names for a reason... people don't want to know they're driving around in a TANGERINE automobile... so give the men two things they like: chrome and orange, and let their egos fool them.
Transio, if you hear a knock on your door and two big goons are standing outside with baseball bats and leather jackets, please polietly open the door. They are just selling Amway and you should not be afraid.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well ladies and gentlemen, the fix is officially in. The day Aztec Bronze beats Chrome Orange (let alone any color) you know that someone has hacked into Randy's server.

Time to move onto another board.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
smura said:
Transio, if you hear a knock on your door and two big goons are standing outside with baseball bats and leather jackets, please polietly open the door. They are just selling Amway and you should not be afraid.
Chrome Orange is closer metaphorically to Biological Warfare than The Mafia... it's a "disease", and it's spreading, and it needs treatment!! I would rather see "Gangrene" in the color lineup personally.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
chrome orange

For those of you who question the masculinity of chrome orange, I refer you to this web page....
http://www.bikini-beach.com/bikinijoes49.htm

If any color questions masculinity, it is purple - remember the purple teletubby (also from the UK).....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts