The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a silver hardtop for my ardent red elise. I'm thinking of painting the hardtop to match the black trim. If not black, do you guys have recommendations? Pics would be nice.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't have pics, but I always like when the top matches the sides. I would stick with Ardent red in all honesty, but that's just me :)

The only gripe I have with the soft tops is how it makes the car look with that black top on it. I understand it can't be helped, and some people even like the look, but if I like a car enough to buy it in a particular color, I don't want large chunks of it to just be black...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
If you're going to the trouble to repaint the hardtop, for optimal resale value you'd def wanna do it in the color to match the car.

Of course if you really like the black look, and don't care about resale, go for it.

I imagine most of the times you see a different color hardtop on a car, it's usually because the owner had a similar situation as yours, and found one in black and figured it looked ok enough to leave as-is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get it repainted in ardent red, and if you're still bent on making it black then get it wrapped that way you can just take off the wrap if you dont like it or when you go to sell it it will have better resale value like the person above said.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I got a silver one and had it painted to match my Polar blue car. I say get it painted to match your car and like Retsillacm said you could have it wrapped if you want it black. Cool to have options.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I bought my Yellow Elise the owner provided a black hardtop with it along with the soft top. Initially I never gave a second's thought because hey- I was getting an Elise! I have really liked the black with the color. In fact the Black makes the car look even shorter in height and more sleek in my opinion. I am always on the hunt for a Yellow top just because the completist in me wants to have it- but honestly- I prefer the black top.

BTW- I just saw a new 458 Ferrari with a black colored roof on the Red and it Looked KILLER!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I would do the same as the body color - red. You have the soft top in black so when you want the black look use the soft top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts