The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

Lotus has a pretty nice array of color choice, but there are infinite color and effect combinations in the world, what new color(s) might you pick for lotus to add as an option?

How about this color:

Its not really pink, more of a orange with a hint of pink, quite a stunning stone. if they could get it right so it didn't look like mary kay pink it might work, maybe. Maybe a pearlescent or metallic, possibly one of those chromatic paints.

To Buddhists this color of lotus blossom represents awakening of the spirit, and the padparadscha sapphire is said to represent the most intense color, and best part of that flower, and maybe have a bit of the Buddha in it.

"hail jewel in the heart of the lotus" - Buddhist mantra

Anyone else have any ideas?

take care,

GM

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I am old so I like Navy Blue, a dark non-metallic blue with a natural leather interior. I also would like to have Aubergine Purple return. :eek: :)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
From the subject, I figured this was another LSD thread.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i love deep rich earthtones, but even a matte terra-cotta or cream would speak to me...i'd positively gush over a range of more blatantly metallic colors and finishes, like satin nickel, brushed steel, anodised aluminum, burnished copper, rubbed bronze, or even corten steel - not vaguely-sparkly grey paint, actual metallic surface texture and reflectivity not unlike chrome...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
porsche gt3-rs green. i love that color!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
How about sort of an old English white (ivory) color? This would look great with a red interior. Why does everyone want metallic colors these days? They're more expensive and a pain in the neck to match if any repairs are needed.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
That TVR green's pretty cool....
always liked Lambo's Arancio Atlas

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
The beauty of Lotus is that as such a small company you can get any colour you want :) - you just have to order it (like the first 260 which was a Kawasaki Green) that way!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
So,

Lotus has a pretty nice array of color choice, but there are infinite color and effect combinations in the world, what new color(s) might you pick for lotus to add as an option?

How about this color:

Its not really pink, more of a orange with a hint of pink, quite a stunning stone. if they could get it right so it didn't look like mary kay pink it might work, maybe. Maybe a pearlescent or metallic, possibly one of those chromatic paints.

To Buddhists this color of lotus blossom represents awakening of the spirit, and the padparadscha sapphire is said to represent the most intense color, and best part of that flower, and maybe have a bit of the Buddha in it.

"hail jewel in the heart of the lotus" - Buddhist mantra

Anyone else have any ideas?

take care,

GM

I think Lotus has already made that color....they call it "Candy red" no thanks :rolleyes:

How about sort of an old English white (ivory) color? This would look great with a red interior. Why does everyone want metallic colors these days? They're more expensive and a pain in the neck to match if any repairs are needed.
Lotus does make an Old English White, you have to special order it though since it's available for the European markets.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
matte black, fighter grey, that crazy dark grey color on the Reventon, dark copper

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
same color scheme as this->

1 - 20 of 28 Posts