The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what others have to say about the car. When I had my Elise, women seemed to be more attracted to it than men were, and they often commented that the lines reminded them of a woman's body. ;)

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Lets see, I have a whole list

Pretty sure that's a Lambo dude :facepalm
Nice Ferrari :crazyeyes
You must be rich :rolleyes:
what is the HP? :UK:
Twin Turbo? :confused:
Lotus? My friend has one just like it ( love this one because I literally have never seen another on the road near St. Louis) :huh:

Overall most comments are very complementary. People respect the Lotus even when they have no idea what it is. Most people think it is a much more expensive car then it is, but if pressed I will tell them thier Escalade or Lexus SUV probably cost more.

Every day is a good day when you can drive an Exotic car :shift:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Overwhelmingly positive for me, though somewhat intrusive sometimes.

I get a lot of "wow that's sweet" and "I've never seen one of those before". I also get the "how much did it cost" and "what do you do that you can afford it?" questions a good bit...

Mostly people are curious and want to know more about it.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
"Is that a Tesla"?
"What do you do for living?"
"What is that?" "A Lotus." "Who makes that?" "Lotus" "Oh, but who owns Lotus" "Ugh"

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Dude nice Ferrari, how much, wanna trade, wow sexy!, Tesla?, I gotta get me one (from a homeless couple), whered those 2 kids come from - clown car?, How do you open the hood?, who makes Lotus?, yeah-it's just like my RX-7, no way - that's not yours! and finally.....they are paying you too much (from my employees, some of which make more $ than me).

·
Registered
301 Posts
A banker came up to me the other day at a gas station and started chatting to me and complemented me on the color (starlight black) of the car that it keeps it low key. He then proceeded to tell me he has a 1992 Lotus Elise loooool

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a guy last summer ask me if my dad bought it for me? I'm 40 years old mind you. I just laughed and said "I wish he had paid for it".

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, no one has been asked "is that the new vette?" I got that question once when I had my Elise.:facepalm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most people think it is a much more expensive car then it is, but if pressed I will tell them their Escalade or Lexus SUV probably cost more.
Just wanted to say, I just got mine less than a week ago and took it to work for the first time today and...well...this. I had parked next to a BMW X5. :UK:

Also, not a question, but when the guys at the dealer were detailing my car for delivery a couple was admiring the car and said "Don't you wish this was your car?"

All I said was, "It is."

:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
I get a lot of comments, but they're usually short ones, like "nice car" or "I really like your car" or a simple thumbs up.

It's more revealing when you talk to people about your car away from it. They almost all comment about how difficult it must be to get in and out of your car because they assume you're talking about an Elise. The Evora is an extremely well-kept secret.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We were in Panama City beach for the weekend (spring break was on full force). We gad people screaming nice car on the road as we were driving. Also heard "bad ass car". One guy wanted me to switch it with his Uhaul truck. Every one pretty much stared at the car like it's an alien.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i am just amazed how many people in our small town know that it is a Lotus.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lotus? Who makes that? I used to get so tired of that question.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Lets see, I have a whole list

Pretty sure that's a Lambo dude :facepalm
Nice Ferrari :crazyeyes
You must be rich :rolleyes:
what is the HP? :UK:
Twin Turbo? :confused:
Lotus? My friend has one just like it ( love this one because I literally have never seen another on the road near St. Louis) :huh:

Overall most comments are very complementary. People respect the Lotus even when they have no idea what it is. Most people think it is a much more expensive car then it is, but if pressed I will tell them thier Escalade or Lexus SUV probably cost more.

Every day is a good day when you can drive an Exotic car :shift:
+1

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
"A lot of people were taking pictures while you were gone"

Since ours says Lotus in big letters on the side, "Look a Lotus!"

·
Registered
182 Posts
I get all of the above mentioned comments so no use repeating. :up: Besides tons of compliments whenever I'm stopped, I really notice people everywhere will stop and stare and point at the car when I drive down the street in town. Every time I stop at a stop light, if people are crossing in the crosswalk in front of me, they will give thumbs up, smile and say wow, ask what is that and of course comment how beautiful it is. I've actually had a car full of young guys follow me down the street and take a video of the car, sometimes two or three sticking their I-phones out the window at the same time. I got thumbs up all the time in my C6 Z06 Corvette but never the attention this car gets from men, women and children.

I visited a local auto paint store last week to buy some touch up paint, the owner of the store came out to the car to match the paint exactly, as she testing the paint on a small chip in my rocker panel, she said her and her son were driving through town the other day and when her son saw the car he went crazy trying to figure what kind of car it was, he was sure it was a Ferrari. Now his mom could go home and straighten it out, telling him that that Lotus came in to the store, of course she took a picture to show him.

I came out of a Dollar Tree store last week and two ladies were walking around the car staring at it, this happens a lot. The one lady said she had never seen a Lotus or at least one that looked like this. I talked for a few minutes showing them the insides as well as the engine. Then one of them asked me a question; "Why do you drive a car like this around here?" I answered, "Lady, I don't buy cars to be garage queens, I like to drive my cars and that's what I do!" She understood and said driving must be fun all the time, I said you got that right! ;)

My opinion is, some people perceive this is a real expensive exotic car and normally don't have owners that drive them much or act like normal people, I try to eliminate that perception and let them know I'm just a normal guy with a rare car that draws a lot of attention and conversations. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I consistently get the standard "What is that?"

I've played around with a few tongue-and-cheek responses but the one that works absolutely best is: "This is my half of the divorce." It always gets a good laugh and immediately takes any perception of stuffiness/d-baggery out of the equation. Note: I've been happily married for over a decade but I still drop this one almost daily. Try it next time. You'll get an immediate chuckle, and the awkward curvebal halts any additional questions:)

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Most people think it is a much more expensive car then it is, but if pressed I will tell them thier Escalade or Lexus SUV probably cost more.
The Evora S with options is over 100k with tax (in NY). I never priced out an Escalade or Lexus. Are they around 100k?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
"That car is in my video game!!!" I've heard this one a few times now. I'm not a gamer, so I have no idea if the Evora is in any video game. Maybe so, or maybe they're confusing it with something else. :shrug:

I've also heard "That's a house/Nice Elise/It's a Lamborghini/It's a Ferrari/I bet you get all the ladies/How fast does it go/Did you look at the McLaren when you bought it?/Wanna race for pink slips?/Are you a doctor?/That's the real deal right there."

My favorite comment happened when I went to pick up some pics at Wolf Camera. The lady jokingly said "Is that the best you can do?" I replied "Well, somebody's got to slum it." :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
When a pre-teen daughter of a friend knew what car it was, I was taken by surprise (because I'm not a gamer either) until she explained she drove it on PS3...

"That car is in my video game!!!" I've heard this one a few times now. I'm not a gamer, so I have no idea if the Evora is in any video game. Maybe so, or maybe they're confusing it with something else.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts