The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Looks neat but pretty much forget about using your trunk with that thing in the way. Talk about making something difficult.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Looks neat but pretty much forget about using your trunk with that thing in the way. Talk about making something difficult.
yeah and what kinda splitter accompanies that badboy?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
308 Posts
From the pictures and description I think the wing is curved to match the rear of the car. I believe that along with its mounting location allows the lid to clear the wing, but you might want to ask to be sure.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Got it from eliseparts.com - custom made, took 4 weeks, about $1200 shipped!

Just different end pieces (S2 style) on my wing - the smaller ones are S1 styles

·
Registered
992 Posts
dimensions??

Careful if you get this wing, I saw a car that had it and it was just attached weakly to the clam. Looked very sketchy. Take a look at turbphil's site to see it done better with supports underneath.
so, it does look cool, but am i missing where the vendor gives the necessary stats? if i just missed them then i apologize, but how can u calculate anything if u dont know thickness, aspect ratio, camber etc?

i do see the "rake" angle of 0-15 degrees... i assume rake is analogous to our angle of attack. so we know that much.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Got it from eliseparts.com - custom made, took 4 weeks, about $1200 shipped!

Just different end pieces (S2 style) on my wing - the smaller ones are S1 styles

what about an ass shot?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Combination of all three would look good.

Shorter and wider 3d blade
Smaller end pieces
Shorter brackets.

I think the exige end plates on the APR spoiler that FF uses would be the best combo. Sharp edges doesn't flow with the lines of the Elise or Exige IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spoilers

I found this Spoiler hopefully it will help??? This item ships as a universal for $1050.00, Many more spoilers available.

All GTC Series wings feature an aerodynamic 3D designed airfoil shape to obtain the optimal balance of downforce. This design allows for a reduction in drag, yet maintains an ideal level of downforce. Each GTC Series airfoil is composed of lightweight and durable carbon fiber composite. Supporting the carbon fiber airfoils are 10mm "aircraft grade" 6061 billet aluminum pedestals that come in a flat black powder coat finish.

With a span of 67 inches and a height of 13 inches, the GTC-300 is an adjustable wing that means serious business. The GTC-300 3D airfoil shape allows for optimal airflow that reduces drag yet supplies an effective amount of downforce.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts