The Lotus Cars Community banner
841 - 860 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That is a loong weekend. How was the alternator - looks very cramped. I have Ian's ABS delete also - when I saw you did all that in a weekend I was thinking wow - I am lame. Yeah took me about 3 days also, with several days sourcing bits etc. in between.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
$1300 is actually not a bad price

if I did not enjoy the journey on projects like that I might pay it.

I am embarrassed I am thinking about paying to have the timing belt chenaged

just so busy lately

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just so I understand. Is the $1300 for kit?
Luckily my cam belt service only cost me about $700. I purchased all the parts.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
No, my kit was ~ $1200 shipped from UK, I think its a bit cheaper now? The way I read the earlier post was $1300 for the labor to install.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those are probably the easiest of all Esprit wheels to clean off the brake dust. 😃

Looks like some aggressive tires in the bottom photo, what are they?
Nitto NT05's They came with the wheels. I looked for this type due to the easy cleaning and clean look. I have spoke type wheels on my other car and they are areal pain to clean!

·
2021 Evora GT, 1986 Turbo Esprit
148 Posts
I looked for this type due to the easy cleaning and clean look. I have spoke type wheels on my other car and they are areal pain to clean!
What? You think your new wheels are easier to clean than the BBS wheels on the G-body cars?? Oh, wait...

·
Car Adicted
289 Posts
I installed new Master Light switch and ordered a headlight upgrade kit. The Hella non sealed beam lights for all 4 bulbs. Used them on another car I have and was very happy with the results. I have t6o give a shout out to JAE for the switched which were sent out immediately and it was a pleasure doing business with them.

·
Registered
1998 Lotus Esprit V8
200 Posts
Been hammering through all of the "B" service stuff... MT-90 gear oil, DOT4 brake/clutch fluid, pwr steering fluid, first of a double oil change (changing to Castrol 10W-60), new NGK spark plugs, K&N air filters (3 mos ago), coolant was all new in July of '20, put on a fresh composite roof seal. Going to replace the fuel filter this week. Then just waiting for PNM to restock the cam belt tool kit so I can replace all of the cam belts, drive belt and tensioners. Then it will be good until next year... unless it isn't, lol.

·
Car Adicted
289 Posts
sjw1971, you are a STUD. Great Stuff. Yesterday I installed a Hella headlight kit to switch to non sealed beam headlights. I did the outer bulbs first which do high and low beam. The outers are H4 bulbs which I replaced with 55/60 w H4 bulbs. I did not have time to do the high beam bulbs, but when I looked at the Hella Kit the bulbs are H1 bulbs? H1 bulbs have a single wire going to them. Never replaced an H1 bulb and quite frankly I didn't take out the high beam original bulbs to look at the back. I assumed that both sides would be the 3 prong setup.?

·
Dreaded Prior Owner
804 Posts
My '85 has H4 + H1 bulbs, but my wattage may vary somewhat higher...

·
Car Adicted
289 Posts
I guess what I was wondering is if the original High Bean headlight is a 3 prong or 1 prong setup? I know I will see it once I continue, but just curious. I did use a similar setup on another car I have but used a 55/80W H4 bulb and it definitely was better.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,327 Posts

·
Car Adicted
289 Posts
How about 2 prong? Look at the pics of the high beam lamp.

Whereas, the high/low beam bulb has 3 connections
That makes more sense to me with 2 prongs. I haven't opened it up yet. Just thought it was strange that the S1 bulb had 1 prong and they gave you 1 wire for it. I will see what the deal is once started. Never did a S1 before.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,327 Posts
Got the Esprit aligned today, go with the recently replaced tires. First alignment since 1996.😯 Cost a lot more this time than last time....

They made ME remove (and later, reinstall) the $%@%& heat shield near the LF motor mount. 😏

·
Registered
703 Posts
You spend WAY too much time cleaning your car.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,327 Posts
You spend WAY too much time cleaning your car.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

LOL Mike, actually I have cleaned it only once this year despite driving it every week or two throughout the winter. BUT, that wash was recent (when the weather warmed up, here).

The new tires had that whitish protective coating on them, so I felt obligated to apply some Meguiars Endurance dressing.

Reactions: jfitz981
841 - 860 of 889 Posts