The Lotus Cars Community banner
881 - 889 of 889 Posts

·
Car Adicted
289 Posts
Surprising that Lotus doesn't have the CA warning on .........items in the car have been known to cause cancer etc......... I remember the 1st time I saw the placards / stickers in the grocery stores there.........Ca. lets the residents know that bread that is toasted can cause cancer........no lie. Really was pretty funny!!!! Just shook me head at the time.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Put a protective edge on the 2-piece composite front spoiler extensions.

When I bought the car a PO had removed the extensions, and it was nice having the additional ground clearance. But eventually I succumbed to my aesthetic preference and reinstalled them. Inevitably they took a couple dings so a little protection was called for. Bit of a search finding an edge trim that fits, the composite pieces vary about 1/8"~1/4" in thickness, but eventually found it on Amazon. Worked out better than I expected.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Have big brakes all around, but the parking brake was crap, so after 2,5 years of waiting, I finally got the last bits and bobs to install seperate small wilwood parking brake calipers, brackets, spacers, cables and what not. Needed to modify a few little things, such as shaving a bit off of the cable ends to fit the cable ferules to hold the handbrake cable going into the Willwood caliper, which is a parking brake caliper only. Very light and works really well. Finally my Esprit can park reliably on a slope.
Much nicer than the mega heavy Brembo ditto on the later Esprits, such as Sport300 onwards.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Red - can you post a couple pics? This is something I am considering also. But my wimpy built in on the PNM calipers is actually working well at the moment.

·
Registered
530 Posts
No they don't. ;)
That's why I decided to work with something else. I can assure you that these babies in aluminium, not heavy cast iron as from Brembo (rear parking calipers only), are light and keep a strong hold on the car, plus they are easy to work with.
Sure, I've taken a few snapshots with my old phone, and I'll try to upload a few here asap.

Cheers,
Redfox.

·
Integrator
2,933 Posts
Here are the small Wilwood calipers -could be used as e-brakes.
P/N 120-2374 or WILWOOD MC4 MECHANICAL PARKING BRAKE CALIPERS

881 - 889 of 889 Posts