The Lotus Cars Community banner
361 - 380 of 409 Posts

·
Banned
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
2,780 Posts
Visium "Mr Fiat" Roof installed, not only does the extra view out the roof make it feel roomier, there's a notibleable gain in headroom space over the other carbon hardtop I used to have.

and it's tagged art 003

View attachment 1315179

View attachment 1315180
Would be cool if that roof had the scoop still on it as well down the middle….because despite what everyone says, unless you’re A/W cooled, the roof scoops does add cooling capabilities.

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
I have to a agree. It needs the scoop. as worthless as it is, and I would like to just see clear glass so I could see the "Real" outside. Other than that, this is real cool!

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
266 Posts
Doesn't the interior get really hot?
The tint does a good job of keeping some heat out, might be a bit hotter but nothing that I can notice over the usual warm ride (non working AC) while having had it sit outside for at least 5 hours in bright sunny weather (was only 84 today, I'll have to see on those 95+ days).

I didn't experience any heat from the black seat or a scalding shift knob that I've had happen on a few roof off trips. Not that those are coming to a stop any time soon though, roof off still feels the best but this is nice option.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise (Chrome Orange)
193 Posts
Visium "Mr Fiat" Roof installed, not only does the extra view out the roof make it feel roomier, there's a notibleable gain in headroom space over the other carbon hardtop I used to have.
and it's tagged art 003
Do you have exterior photos?

·
Registered
2006 Elise
42 Posts
I got a new battery for my Elise today - then decided to design a new battery box for it, as the aftermarket one had been... hacked? Flattened? Now waiting on a quote to get it made.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I recognize that road, you didn't take it up Old Stage did you? That is a bumpy dirt road for an Elise. I take my Jeep up there all the time.
The top looks great.

Some more pics outside and of the mounting points and hardware that are adjustable to a light degree. Rear mount gets a cover to make things feel more premium as well.

View attachment 1315229

View attachment 1315231

·
Registered
598 Posts
Test fit the 20" rims today.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

They didn't fit.

·
Registered
598 Posts
This was a few weeks ago. I punted a ~3 lb chunk of asphalt with my splitter at 82 mph. The splitter held up surprisingly well considering the force of the impact.
It landed past the end of the turn and produced a 3 ft dust cloud.
Sky Ecoregion Vehicle Hood Car

I was committed to the line by the time I saw it, I could not avoid it.

361 - 380 of 409 Posts