The Lotus Cars Community banner
401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I started the repair of my damaged front splitter. A friend of mine turned me onto Fibral awhile back and it worked so well I'm going to try it for this application.

Given the damaged area is just the outer lip, I'm attempting to do this while it's still on the car. I forgot to take photos but I sanded the top & bottom of the damaged areas, applied Fibral, let cure for the required 20min and started sanding again. I had to wrap up garage time for the day so I could get home to watch Kimi go around Watkins Glen! When done sanding I'll tape off and paint it with a rattle can. I'm sure it'll just be a matter of time before this consumable item gets cracked up again...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I recently (finally) replaced the cigarette lighter socket with a US sized version and added a Dual USB adapter. It should be noted that for over 167k miles, I had just used electrical tape to wrap/wedge the previous adapter in-place and never had an issue...

·
Registered
67 Posts
A bit of water gets in via the rear transom grills if I don't wash it carefully enough. So I tried making seals out of silicone tape to fill the gaps between the clam and grills. One side seems to be working, the other side isn't quite right yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Changed Oil/Filter. Attempted to install Boomerang Tow Hook and one of the original subframe nuts has broke loose after countless removals... Drilled it out, installed a M8 Rivnut and all's well again.

·
Registered
2006 Elise Supercharged
212 Posts
New wheels and tires!
I wanted a direct fit and these Konig Hypergrams were a good price.
no spacers, did use some aluminum hub-centric rings. Haven’t driven it yet but don’t see any clearance issues (Lowered on Nitrons)
16x7.5 4x100 ET38 and 205/50/16 Indy 500
17x8 4x100 ET45 and 225/45/17 Indy 500

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

401 - 409 of 409 Posts