The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Less is Better
2,378 Posts
In tracking down a rattle at idle, i took off my belly plate and found some very small oil drips at the front of the engine. The car has never dripped any oil at all, mystery. Fixed the rattle (don't follow Inokinetic's instructions to change the location of the shift cable hanger, it interferes with the NACA duct) and cleaned up the oil but couldn't find the source. Nothing obvious...until I opened the engine lid. The filler cap was MISSING! I must not have tightened it enough. It must have come off near the end of my drive yesterday because there was still plenty of oil in the pan and there was some on top of the engine and on the bottom of the engine cover, but not much. I could buy the stock cap for about $30 (the Toyota version is only $10) or get an aluminum one for about the same price. So I ordered an aluminum cap even though I don't particularly like aluminum caps. They get too hot to touch where the plastic ones don't. I wish someone made a CF cap.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No, I only did the side grills in silver because this particular Elise is a 60th Edition model with silver stripes. I thought that painting the nose and tail grilles silver would compete with the stripes. If the car were entirely black, I definitely would have painted all the grills.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I'll chime in. I've done quite a bit to "add lightness" in these past winter months but the most recent is GRPs custom CF wheel and ring. It goes well with the rest of my CF parts from Greg.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
No, I only did the side grills in silver because this particular Elise is a 60th Edition model with silver stripes. I thought that painting the nose and tail grilles silver would compete with the stripes. If the car were entirely black, I definitely would have painted all the grills.
I have been contemplating whether painting all my grilles silver on my Chrome orange would look good. I think it might match well with the silver stock wheels. I suppose I could buy new grills or paint them black if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been contemplating whether painting all my grilles silver on my Chrome orange would look good. I think it might match well with the silver stock wheels. I suppose I could buy new grills or paint them black if it doesn't work.
Try using peel-off paint (Plasti Dip) on a side grill or even on the tiny little grill next to the rear lights. That particular grill is tiny, and easy to remove (one screw). Then if you don't like it, simply peel it off and it'll be like nothing ever happened. :) I used plastic dip first just to test the look with one grill. Once I was satisfied, I peeled off the plastic dip and used real paint since it has longer durability. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'll chime in. I've done quite a bit to "add lightness" in these past winter months but the most recent is GRPs custom CF wheel and ring. It goes well with the rest of my CF parts from Greg.

Just like mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love that!! Screw you for wanting me to get one and spend my hard earned money. Damn you fiend!!!! 🙂

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Love that!! Screw you for wanting me to get one and spend my hard earned money. Damn you fiend!!!! 🙂

Dooo itttt!!! It was definitely worth the wait when it finally arrived. Looks even better in person.

Gabe

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I got to drive it again! My Elise has been in my garage getting some mods for WAY too long but I finally got to drive it again today. It all started when I pulled the front clam to do the blower motor update and things kinda got out of hand... I'm just happy it's back on the road again, and it feels better than ever.

Here's a list of a few of the things I did on this latest round of mods:
• Blower motor electrical update
• A/C delete
• Relocated battery, charcoal canister and washer bottle to the front
• Dedicated jump-start/battery charger connection
• Custom single rear oil cooler (deleted front oil coolers)
• Silicone radiator hoses
• Custom twin oil breather catch cans
• Oil pressure gauge
• Stainless steel brake lines
• Forged wheel studs
• Re-cushioned seats with Shock-Tec padding
• GRP gated shifter mod
• Added gas lift struts to the BOE rear clam hinge

Attachments

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Great list of upgrades and looks awesome! What wing is that? I actually like it on the Elise.

Recent change for me.
GRP CF side mesh intakes
Cup 240 wheels in gloss black

IMG_8370.jpg
IMG_8417.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been dying to see these GRP side mesh intakes on a car. Looks great! How hard was the install? Less fiddling than the exige style intakes?

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Been dying to see these GRP side mesh intakes on a car. Looks great! How hard was the install? Less fiddling than the exige style intakes?

I actually had the GRP scoops before this. Well, compared to that, this took more fiddling tbh. The tab the bolt screws into the inside horizontal part I had to just break off cause I could not get it to go over the body lip to lineup going from the wheel well side. Greg and I thought this may be the best route. Once I broke that, it was much easier to slide it over from the outside. It’s still a tight fit but it makes it look more perfect once you get it on. You also still have another tab on the inner portion to bolt it down so it’s still secure. Just be careful not to scratch your paint as it still tight and takes some fiddling. Worth it tho IMO.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Great list of upgrades and looks awesome! What wing is that? I actually like it on the Elise.

Recent change for me.
GRP CF side mesh intakes
Cup 240 wheels in gloss black
Thanks. The wing is a Gut Sport, same as the front splitter. I like those mesh intakes, I've been wanting to do something different with mine, I'm just not sure what to do yet.

101 - 120 of 161 Posts