The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Great list of upgrades and looks awesome! What wing is that? I actually like it on the Elise.

Recent change for me.
GRP CF side mesh intakes
Cup 240 wheels in gloss black

View attachment 1237816
View attachment 1237818
Seeing that pic, I need a new front splitter after mine was destroyed earlier this year. I was just taking the trash cans to the curb and noticed how naked mine look without it. Having the CF APR side skirts and large rear diffuser/naked rear pronounces it more. Just seems like something is missing up front from a "grounds effect" look.

Your car is looking very sharp!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Thanks @Mobius97. Definitely coming along as I envisioned but our wants just never stop haha.

I remember your post when your lip got destroyed. You had a good positive vibe about it. You definitely need another lip to flow with the rest of your mods. Hope you get it soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I had a nice chat and drive with @Rasmutant tonight, it was fun to be out driving with another Elise on a beautiful night.

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
One of the first things I bought after I drove my Elise home three years ago was an OEM 2-piece leather-wrapped shift knob. I think I got the last one out there, as the package was dated from 2005 and the thing had just been sitting on a shelf somewhere for YEARS.

Today, I finally installed it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Yesterday I drove 250 miles to meet @Rudygon to pick up the hardtop he sold me. Super guy, had a great time talking with him. He drives a nice Fiat 500 Abarth besides his Elise.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got them from Eliseparts.com in the UK. I was getting a radiator, fan, and a few other things so the shipping was already taken care of by the larger items. They took a couple hours. It wasn't super hard but it's not reversible unless you buy new stalks. They provide a mini hacksaw blade with the stalks. They recommend wrapping one end with tape but I already had a holder for it that you can buy at a hardware store. Once you cut the stalk, they said to use a razor blade to cut the ribs off the square stalk body. I wasn't able to make a razor blade work so I used a dremel to grind them away. One side was pretty tight and I had to go a bit further to get the stalk to sit all the way down. The other side slid right on once the ribs were gone. They're secured with two setscrews on the bottom.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I got them from Eliseparts.com in the UK. I was getting a radiator, fan, and a few other things so the shipping was already taken care of by the larger items. They took a couple hours. It wasn't super hard but it's not reversible unless you buy new stalks. They provide a mini hacksaw blade with the stalks. They recommend wrapping one end with tape but I already had a holder for it that you can buy at a hardware store. Once you cut the stalk, they said to use a razor blade to cut the ribs off the square stalk body. I wasn't able to make a razor blade work so I used a dremel to grind them away. One side was pretty tight and I had to go a bit further to get the stalk to sit all the way down. The other side slid right on once the ribs were gone. They're secured with two setscrews on the bottom.
Thank you. They look amazing. I want to take the opportunity to install them while I exchange steering wheels. Should be easier to work on without the steering wheel on the way.

121 - 140 of 161 Posts