The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I had the starshield replaced on my rocker panels. Car has 8600 miles on it and the starshield looked sandblasted. Car has always been garaged and the installer told me the 3M Starshield came off pretty easily. It's been replaced with Suntek Ultra, and I'm really happy with the results.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Other day - went for a nice long drive with the Elise.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Went for a drive, picked up pizza on the way home. Pizza stays nice and warm in the boot til we get home. Saw my neighbor in his Exige on the way home as well.

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
337 Posts
Installed a TopSpeed Cat Back silencer. Took a few hours due to what had to be removed to get the stock unit off. Next time, I bet it could be done in 2. Sound is lower tone but louder when you jump on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had the car for three days now... Removed the Larini Sport Exhaust that came on it, swapped it back to stock (Stock parts came with the car - I'll eventually be selling the larini unit if anyone is in San Diego and wants it!) For what it's worth, I think the Larini sounded amazing, and looked better coming out the mesh rear panels rather than out the middle of the diffuser, but I could tell after the drive home with the car that it was loud enough to aggravate my tinnitus, and I've no interest in owning a car like this if I need to wear earplugs (at that point I'd just go ahead and get an Ariel Atom or Lotus 7)

I also replaced the 3rd brake light - only took me maybe 20 minutes to swap in the new one.

Oh and I ordered a set of Yokohama A052s in stock sizes. Tires that came on the car still had plenty of tread depth, but were 4 years old, cracked, and noticeably under-performing.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Another glorious drive yesterday with the Elise. Wonderful car when its running right.

Hot temps '90s in Chicagoland weather wise. Hardtop keeping me in the shade and not relying on the AC I keep the side windows wide open. Doesn't matter to me I am Loving it!

161 - 171 of 171 Posts