The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

What did you do to your Elise today?

98K views 681 replies 195 participants last post by  KZ3 
#1 ·
If there's another similar thread on here, please merge.

I just changed my spark plugs and oil along with filter on my 05 and it's a great feeling that the spark plugs still looks perfect with 40k and oil came out clean after 8.5k miles.

So, what did you do to your Elise today??

#9 ·
Installed a new wiper blade, Bosch Icon 24A. I think the one I removed is the original one.

Received my LED taillight kit today from EliseParts in the UK. Not looking forward to the yoga involved in installing it, but it looks really nice.

Ordered a Racebattery and Xtender2 bracket from Sector111.

Earlier this week got new tires (A048 LTS's), alignment and corner balance at a local race shop (SCR performance)....realized tires I removed were over 6 years old.

#14 ·
Today the Elise got:

Coolant drain and refill (Peak Global Lifetime)
A new thermostat. (OEM Toyota)
A new serpentine belt
Transmission oil drain and refill (Redline MT-90)
Coolant loop U-tube inspected and protected with a piece of split hose and zip ties.

The thermostat project really sucked. Most everything else wasn't too bad.
If I have time tomorrow I'm going to install a Stebel horn w/ relay and those LED taillights.

#16 ·
Post track day

Refitted my Toyo R1Rs after yesterday's track day on Yoki 050s. Topped up the fuel tank with petrol on top of the 15 L of E85 left in the tank. My car runs flex fuel. So convenient!

#17 ·
The vent on my boot cover was broken. When I removed it yesterday, it was obvious it was broken before as the was glue all over the place. Scraped off the old glue with a razor blade and glued the pieces back together with that new stuff you see advertised on TV. A clear liquid which only activates after being exposed to the UV Light pen that is included in the packaged. It worked extremely well. Now reinstalled! Glue was available at Walmart for $9.88 and worth every penny.

Today, I took the Elise to a local body shop to have the Hardtop Painted. The car is Graphite Grey. The Hardtop I purchased used here on the forum was Red. Having it repainted the original color will be terrific!

Can anyone tell me where to find the paint code so the body shop can order the correct color?

Many thanks,
Frank

#20 ·
Installed Stebel horn today. Wired it with the Stebel relay kit taking power off fuse 1 accessory wire. Mounted the horn on the bottom oil cooler bracket as described here on the forum. I took out the stock horn... I considered leaving it because I read about the Stebel having a "lag" but I'm glad I didn't because I see no lag at all with the new horn. Man it sounds great! And LOUD!!

#25 ·
I saw your earlier reply about mine. I looked at options before buying the aftermarket version from Eliseparts.com in the UK. They were about $550 for the set. I am going to install them this week and will let you know how it goes.

The price for OEM LEDs is similar or higher. Even if you could get a used set for less the consensus is that the OEMs are terrible and frequently burn out. I decided that I wanted to spend the $$ once so I went with the aftermarket ones. If you search around the internet and talk to Eliseparts as well there are many sets in service around the world and I don't see problems reported like there are with the OEM ones.

#30 ·
Ripped out driver airbag/wheel and replaced with a momo and snap off hub! So much nicer feeling -- 20mm smaller. Need to finish harness holes in seats next...

#31 ·
I don't know why this thread doesn't get more posts? It is my favorite thread on the Evora sub forum. Anyhow, my contribution to hopefully spark this thread......

A day to remember as I crossed 5000 miles in my 2011 Elise R. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Attachments

#32 ·
Removed the front access panel for the first time since I've had my Elise. I had to clean out a bunch of leaves I picked up after a drive on some back roads here in NoVA. We had 30 mph winds a couple days ago that I got caught in during the drive...of course right after I had washed/waxed. At least it was just leaves and not falling branches or anything.

Attachments

#33 ·
I reattached my front splitter after a recent trackday at Laguna Seca.

Not sure what happened, if it was from rubbing on some curbs or in the high compression section of at the bottom of the corkscrew but partway through the first session I heard a bad "grinding" sound. At first I thought maybe I'd worn through my brake pads and was getting some metal on metal of the pad backing against the disc (though that would have been pretty surprising since I'd just checked them the night before.). I drove slowly around the track for a lap and brought it into the paddock.

Immediately, I saw the splitter hanging partway off. Lacking the hardware to reattach it at the track, I just removed the whole thing and continued with my day. The splitter rode shotgun with me on the way home and I reattached it later. Now I'm back in business.

Thanks for reviving this thread!

#35 ·
I removed the steering wheel airbag so I could paint the ring around the rubber centre (hope that makes sense). I painted it the metallic silver from Toyota but it looked terrible so I re did it with a flat black. Looks much better.
Now I need to re do the centre rubber with plasti dip.
I also gave it a final wash before the cover is going on for the winter.

#36 ·
Was working in the garage today and gave her a good once over. Man, I miss driving her! It's been months because I've been to busy to get the broken/snapped mani stud fixed. It's throwing a code for vacuum leak on the supercharger intake currently.

Driving the Evora is fun and all but I want my Elise back! No offense meant to the Evora owners out there but my Elise is just so much more fun to drive.