The Lotus Cars Community banner

2001 - 2020 of 5169 Posts

·
Fat Guy In A Tiny Car
154 Posts
Friday I was driving the Evora to work on the Interstate. I came up behind a flatbed construction vehicle. I was laying back waiting for an opportunity to pass and then I saw a object, maybe 4-6 inches in diameter come off the back and took a big (sickening) bounce. I was in traffic, so no chance for a big evasive move which the Lotus would have been uniquely qualified for. I saw it glance off the right side of the nose then disappear.

I'm glad to hear that your starshield stepped up and that the damage was minimal. Just a fun fact. I'm a lawyer and I do a lot of work for insurance companies, so I review insurance policies all the time. Incidents like these are typically covered under your comprehensive coverage. So here's the fun fact--that object that hit your car is defined under the insurance policy as a "missile." So, when you're talking to your co-workers about what happened, you can tell them that (at least according to your insurance company) your car was hit by a missile. It happened to my Porsche a year ago and I added that comment to Facebook for quite a laugh. :facepalm

·
Registered
853 Posts
I laughed when I read it. I have seen some funny stuff in the various car owners manuals I have had but have never read that it should be considered normal for a car to leak.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Also, as to Xpeling the headlights, make sure you get it right the first time. I had an installer install PPF on the headlights. The installer messed up one of the headlights so he pulled the PPF off to reapply. When he did that it took off a large portion of the clearcoat, which is the exact thing I had been trying to avoid by having the PPF installed due to the flaking issue.
That sir, is a true pure example of irony. Your very efforts hastened that which you feared might come to pass.

(Still smarting about that "ironic song" from what's-her-name, way back when.)

·
Registered
853 Posts
That sir, is a true pure example of irony. Your very efforts hastened that which you feared might come to pass.

(Still smarting about that "ironic song" from what's-her-name, way back when.)
Tell me about it. It wasn't funny at the time but now I view it just like I would view rain on my wedding day, a free ride when I have already been, having 10,000 spoons when all I need is a knife, etc.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
who'd you end up ordering the window banner from?

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Also, as to Xpeling the headlights, make sure you get it right the first time. I had an installer install PPF on the headlights. The installer messed up one of the headlights so he pulled the PPF off to reapply. When he did that it took off a large portion of the clearcoat, which is the exact thing I had been trying to avoid by having the PPF installed due to the flaking issue.
Unfortunately, now that it has served a protection purpose, I need to take it off and replace it. I'm hoping the hair dryer combined with the "slow and steady" removal will leave the clear coat in place.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Just applied Lexol to the interior. The construction of the interior always amazes me. The attention to detail and stitching seems to go unmentioned by any of the press. You'd have to pay a banker's mint for the same level of attention on another marque. Nice warm day to let the Lexol really get in there. Will buff out the residue this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
iduc, thanks.

agreed on the interior. I always tell people how much leather is in the interior..no one believes me until they actually see it. Every surface. Literally, every, surface, covered in real leather. No vinyl, no BS, all hand stitched. It truly is awesome. I never complain.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Union Jack Checkered Flag Badge

I saw a UK based Evora that did this and I loved the idea. Since there is no "S" on my car, I'll settle for this.

@ebayUnion Jack Checkered Flag Badge | eBay

Hmm, and it looks like I need to do some detailing with a Q-tip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
^^^ Looks great ^^^

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Flogged the $7!t out of her on Watkins Glen two days ago. Oh.....my.....God, what a friggin' car. Absolutely divine handling, steering feel and brakes. It's just so confidence inspiring and controllable at the limit, too. LOVE THIS CAR!

Yesterday, I spent an inordinate amount of time cleaning her as she was the dirtiest she's ever been.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Took the scenic route to get groceries. Every time I get in that seat, I think "God, I love this car."

·
Registered
276 Posts
I didn't know APR made a front splitter for the Evora, how does it attatch?

2001 - 2020 of 5169 Posts