The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 4879 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
At detailers till tomorrow. Spent a weekend at Charleston at a nice hotel (Planters Inn) and valet parking was under some horrid resinous tree :(

Trip was great though. At Folly beach the parking dudes raced to put her up front at their lot. They said maybe 100 people took her picture.

All that showy stuff is fun sometimes, but the drive was nice. 4 hours in a straight line but so comfortable. And room for a couple's weekend stuff, including a cooler and beach umbrella.
I was in Seabrook/Charleston Thur-Sun. The Evora spent most of Saturday parked in lot next to Magnolia's downtown.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm not banned after all.

:nanner:

·
Registered
87 Posts
great drive

Yes, no longer banned :clap:

About 4 months into what has been a spectacular first quarter of ownership. My only issue is between travel and weekend responsibilities I have only put on 2K miles on the car. Today, enjoyed a terrific morning drive from metro Boston to Cape Cod.

What a car!:bow:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Today I drove my clean baby to our annual work carshow. They parked me at the far end ;-( I hope I don't lose to the homemade hydroplane.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The site is back up!, I was going through withdrawals. Both of our Loti, are on the racks in the garage all covered up and on there trickle chargers. I leave for The Monterey car week tomorrow, we are going up in my wife's Mini Countryman. I have also shipped my E-Type up for a few shows that i have entered it in.
Ron:UK:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I drove mine to work and parked it. Then I went for a long drive accross the bayside bridge in St Pete, to meet my hot wife for lunch. I then hopped back in the car and drove it back to work. Now looking foward to the drive home. This is my daily driver.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Once again, told my hand-washer to be sure to wash the side panel ALL THE WAY DOWN, including the part that curves UNDER THE CAR.

He forgets.

·
Registered
689 Posts
On Sat. me and three other Lotus owners went for a mountain canyon drive up over the top and down to Park City Utah for lunch as a group. We were with the Utah Ferrari / Exotic car group. Yes we were invited and yes we were treated great. This group just goes on drives and has no bias as to what car you drive. Everyone is treated the same and no annual dues or elections. Just plain all out driving fun and lunch and oh ya great scenery. What a blast. 27 cars in all many of them Ferraris. :clap:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Yes, no longer banned :clap:

About 4 months into what has been a spectacular first quarter of ownership. My only issue is between travel and weekend responsibilities I have only put on 2K miles on the car. Today, enjoyed a terrific morning drive from metro Boston to Cape Cod.

What a car!:bow:
Hope she's treating you well and the boys at Secor are taking care of you!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Drove my Evora to work today, second time this week. Took the scenic route, but ended up behind a police officer....oh well. Got it home and gave it a thorough bath and dry. Now it sits in the garage clean and shiny!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
caw sho update

Well I guess the voting wasn't really based on performance. I had to settle for a tie for 3rd. Sad! I forgot about the demographic here being on the older side (50+) and engineers. I got beat out by a bunch of anchors, I mean, old muscle cars. At least I came out ahead of the 1963 VW Beetle.

Category 1 – Car
1st place
Tie
Dan Huber – 1970 Dodge Challenger
Henry Herbert – 1965 Ford Mustang

2nd place
John Campbell – 1950 Chevrolet Sport Coupe

3rd place
Tie
Mark Ryker – 1966 Chevrolet Corvette
LCkitty – 2011 Lotus Evora

4th place
Chad Rainwater – 1963 Volkswagen Beetle

·
Registered
216 Posts
Preparing mine for Supercars on State Street this weekend!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Off to the dentist tomorrow then give her a wash and polish ready for Cars and Coffee in Austin Texas on Sunday. If you're anywhere close by come join us at the Oasis

·
Registered
213 Posts
Once again, told my hand-washer to be sure to wash the side panel ALL THE WAY DOWN, including the part that curves UNDER THE CAR.

He forgets.
Damn Him! Next time I would check his green card and send him back home.:no:

21 - 40 of 4879 Posts