The Lotus Cars Community banner

4801 - 4820 of 4874 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
I ordered new shoes and will be trying out a new size of track combo on my Sport 410

Sticking with my old Team Dynamics Pro 1.3 18 x 8.5"/18x10" track wheels fitted with the new Yokohama Advan A052, using 255/35-18 front & 295/35-18 rear. This offers a front to rear diameter ratio of .957 vs stock of .951 which should keep the stability control/ABS happy while the overall diameters are about 2% less, reducing my torque and speed readings a hair. Longitudinal nose down rake reduces from 22 mm to 20 mm and ride height reduces by 7 mm, however with my new Ohlins these changes can be adjusted out.

Tire lateral contact size changes from my stock 8.5" tread width front / 9.9" rear (0.859) to 9.5" front / 11.2" rear (0.848). The GT430 and US GT with their 8" & 10.5" wheels and 2245/35-19 & 295/30-20 Cup 2 Tires have foot prints of 8.6" front / 11.0" rear (.782). If I find the fronts too wide, whether for wheelwell fit or handling I will switch to the A052 235/40-18 size, offering a front foot print of 8.5" (.759).

Rake is well off at 15 mm, so such sizing would not work with the standard Bilsteins as the front must be lowered 7 mm in relation to the back. Front to Rear dia. ratio is out of spec, but if the Series 2 is similar to the Series 1 ABS program, the 2.2% change should be ok.

Stay tuned, I still need to get my car back together this winter, but trying to be ready for the spring. If this whole experiment is a bust then I guess I will be looking for some 19 x 8.5" and 20 x 11.0" custom forged wheels.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ordered new shoes and will be trying out a new size of track combo on my Sport 410

Sticking with my old Team Dynamics Pro 1.3 18 x 8.5"/18x10" track wheels fitted with the new Yokohama Advan A052, using 255/35-18 front & 295/35-18 rear. This offers a front to rear diameter ratio of .957 vs stock of .951 which should keep the stability control/ABS happy while the overall diameters are about 2% less, reducing my torque and speed readings a hair. Longitudinal nose down rake reduces from 22 mm to 20 mm and ride height reduces by 7 mm, however with my new Ohlins these changes can be adjusted out.

Tire lateral contact size changes from my stock 8.5" tread width front / 9.9" rear (0.859) to 9.5" front / 11.2" rear (0.848). The GT430 and US GT with their 8" & 10.5" wheels and 2245/35-19 & 295/30-20 Cup 2 Tires have foot prints of 8.6" front / 11.0" rear (.782). If I find the fronts too wide, whether for wheelwell fit or handling I will switch to the A052 235/40-18 size, offering a front foot print of 8.5" (.759).

Rake is well off at 15 mm, so such sizing would not work with the standard Bilsteins as the front must be lowered 7 mm in relation to the back. Front to Rear dia. ratio is out of spec, but if the Series 2 is similar to the Series 1 ABS program, the 2.2% change should be ok.

Stay tuned, I still need to get my car back together this winter, but trying to be ready for the spring. If this whole experiment is a bust then I guess I will be looking for some 19 x 8.5" and 20 x 11.0" custom forged wheels.
Sorry if you have been asked this already Julian - could you please share specs on the Team Dynamics wheels you are running? I am surprised 18s clear our 4xx brakes, especially in the front.

I have the black pack forged black wheels and want to get a set of silver wheels purely for cosmetic reasons. Other than stock 400 silver wheels, I would like to know if there are appropriate aftermarket options. Have read the wheel thread, but did not see anything on Team Dynamics.

Thanks in advance,

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
Sorry if you have been asked this already Julian - could you please share specs on the Team Dynamics wheels you are running? I am surprised 18s clear our 4xx brakes, especially in the front.

I have the black pack forged black wheels and want to get a set of silver wheels purely for cosmetic reasons. Other than stock 400 silver wheels, I would like to know if there are appropriate aftermarket options. Have read the wheel thread, but did not see anything on Team Dynamics.

Thanks in advance,
Awhile back I showed a fit over the brakes, it is tight but not so much in the direction of wheel deflection. I have not driven with such wheels yet as the A052 seem to be the first performance tire in the required sizes. What fit for the Series 1 cars seems to be outside traction control specs of the Series 2.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
Yikes, that's a very tight fit! Thanks for sharing.

Would love to hear after what you think after you mount and drive on them. Would be good to have some 18" options working for our cars.
Actually today for the 4xx cars if I didn't have 18", I wouldn't go that way, just a piss poor track tire selection now. I may still go 19/20 customs in the future.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did my first oil change on the Evora. I am pleasantly surprised by how well the underpanels are machined and put together. I used a universal oil filter wrench, K&N filter ($12) and Redline 10-40 high zinc oil. Had to put together a two funnel system to reach the oil fill cap as its kind of hidden.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Did my first oil change on the Evora. I am pleasantly surprised by how well the underpanels are machined and put together. I used a universal oil filter wrench, K&N filter ($12) and Redline 10-40 high zinc oil. Had to put together a two funnel system to reach the oil fill cap as its kind of hidden.
Not sure if the 400 is different up top, but this funnel makes it rather painless to refill.

Also, getting a Fumoto or Femco valve saves one step, and negates the need for any plug gasket changes. I ditched my Fumoto for the Femco because the orifice is larger, so draining doesn't take nearly as long.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure if the 400 is different up top, but this funnel makes it rather painless to refill.

Also, getting a Fumoto or Femco valve saves one step, and negates the need for any plug gasket changes. I ditched my Fumoto for the Femco because the orifice is larger, so draining doesn't take nearly as long.
Thanks for the tips, very helpful. Ordered the funnel.

Is this the femco?

I had a fumoto in a truck for many years and loved it. Femco looks slightly different? I dont see a handle like the fumoto.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Thanks for the tips, very helpful. Ordered the funnel.

Is this the femco? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0X9K6M?tag=lotustalkconvert-20

I had a fumoto in a truck for many years and loved it. Femco looks slightly different? I dont see a handle like the fumoto.
Yep, that's the one. The Femco doesn't use a lever-actuated ball valve (which actually helps to keep the profile shorter); the central orifice is spring-loaded and gets pressed inward to drain by the drain hose fitting. It works very well, and can drain oil almost as fast as pulling the plug would.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
One of my drls went out so had to replace them both for a match. Tight work in there. 20191019_192359_1571544168632.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Been busy the last week adding mods. First up was Hethelsport Carbon Fiber vent louvers, thanks Sherman for the great service!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Then Greg at GPR Racing helped me out with some more carbon fiber, A- pillars, that went great with his carbon fiber mirrors, air scoops and barge boards.

Also he got me Technocraft sail panel, now have completed louver look with rear hatch and front louvers

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Beware, High Zinc / ZDDP oils WILL destroy a catalytic converter, plugging it up with deposits.
That is why most oils specified for modern cars have Low ZDDP.
The High ZDDP is primarily for older flat tappet valve engines, which modern engines do not have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been so on the fence between the grilled and the louvered sail panel. These pictures really lean toward the louvered. Do you have a bigger picture of the rear/side of the car. It really looks great. Also, did you drill to mount the barge boards or just use adhesive? Also, a picture of the side with the barge boards would be great.

[/QUOTE]

4801 - 4820 of 4874 Posts