The Lotus Cars Community banner

4881 - 4900 of 4902 Posts

·
Formerly EliseIn2005
236 Posts
Brand and links to that micro gauge? does it give oil temp reading?

·
Illegal Alien
4,620 Posts
Oil Temp is not carried over the CANBUS; the car is fitted with an Oil Temp switch to trigger events to the ECU, but not a temp range. You will need to install a sensor into the oil pan or heat exchanger adapter and feed to another gauge. I carry OT and OP to a SPA dual gauge.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Brand and links to that micro gauge? does it give oil temp reading?
Since the gauge is not an "off the shelf" purchase, but instead a custom built product, I probably should explain a little about it...

The CAN Gauge Micro is by Phoenix CNC, OLEDIUNO that's sold on Tindie for $129.00. The maker/developer is named Hayri and he is actually located in Bulgaria.

Hayri can configure the gauge with up to 13 screens (generally- it depends on code size) that can be changed with a convenient internal touch sensor. Of course, as Julian stated above, what can be displayed depends on what the car manufacturer supports via CANbus. But, basically, his gauge can include 13 of the following screens that you can pick:

1- Dual speed and rpm screen
2- Speed screen with 3 speed warnings (he can program to any speeds you would like)
3- RPM screen which he can program with your requested RPM shift light
4- Coolant temperature
5- Engine Oil temperature, if your car supports it
6- Throttle position
7- Intake air temperature
8- Ambient air temperature
9- Voltmeter
10- Catalytic converter temperature
11- O2 sensor temperature (he can edit the bitmap to your cylinder numbers)
12- Fuel tank level in percent
13- Gear indicator, will work with manual or auto as but he has to change out the D for N like Neutral and need to edit the code
14- 0-60 mph timer
15- 1/4 mile run timer
16- is the off screen

As I previously mentioned, he also included a custom Evora S start-up screen for mine. He can also provide a length of wire from the OBD to the gauge as long as you wish. He will also add a separate power wire take off from the OBD plug if you want to power it from a switched source (OBD power is constant hot). I had him add a 5V USB micro connector for mine since I already had a 5V micro power lead connector set-up in my Lotus. Although, you can also manually turn the gauge on and off with a simple touch of the sensor if you do not want to use a separate power source. He's very receptive and accommodating to make any changes you want.

Hayri currently sells the gauge and some of his other products on Tindie (he has links to contact him and to also see his products in action on youtube):

You can also email him directly (which is much easier) to discuss building something for you at [email protected] I should point out that even with a 7 hour time difference (US east coast), he usually responds quite fast to emails.

Since he custom builds each gauge and writes the code for what you want, it took a couple of days for him build the gauge for me. He then tested it for a day or so to make sure there were no issues and sent me a video of it in action (at least he did with mine). He provides great communication while he is setting up what you want. (I previously purchased some of his other products so I've had several dealings with him.)

Lastly, although he shipped priority with tracking, it took about ten days to receive, mostly because of it sitting in US Customs in Chicago for several days.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
As a follow-up regarding the oil temp readings on this gauge... I emailed Hayri this morning and this is what he replied:

"......actually it is possible to add it to my gauge as well by connecting a temperature sensor to an additional CAN BUS Node, which will be my next product so it can broadcast that PID over the existing CAN BUS and can be shown in my gauge. Since it is a standart PID it can be added without any interference to the car."

So, it appears that he may be able to make the oil temp work with his gauge even if it is not supported. Of course, you would still have to add a temp sensor to make it work since, like Julian stated, our oil temp is not carried by the CANbus. It might be beneficial to discuss it with Hayri.

By the way, here is one of his videos showing more info on the gauge:

And, for those interested, he can also custom build a larger 5 display CAN V-GAUGE.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Went for a sunny drive @ 37° for the first time in ≈ 3 weeks. There has been too much salt brine - finally washed away by rain. Was surprised no snow flake icon due to the cold?

For the first time I had a glitch with the cruise control after five minutes. It quit. Thumb button presses to reactivate did nothing. As a retired software engineer (usually a restart on the computer works) I pulled into a parking lot and turned the car off. After restarting it worked perfectly?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Took the car to AutoSport to meet it's newly arrived sister...

I like the new 2020GT, love the new rear bumper & hood vents, love the carbon thresholds & seat backs... still prefer the glass tailgate...

There's a number of detail changes, such as supercharger charge cooler overflow bottle is now aluminium, not a molding

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is that car still going to be there Tuesday or are you taking it home? Was gonna swing by to see the GTs they got in, didn’t know about this one, and that white and red looks so good
The white & red GT is their stock & should be there, they also had an orange car to drive that is from Lotus USA... that will be moving to the next dealer for demoes...

·
Registered
38 Posts
As a follow-up regarding the oil temp readings on this gauge... I emailed Hayri this morning and this is what he replied:

"......actually it is possible to add it to my gauge as well by connecting a temperature sensor to an additional CAN BUS Node, which will be my next product so it can broadcast that PID over the existing CAN BUS and can be shown in my gauge. Since it is a standart PID it can be added without any interference to the car."

So, it appears that he may be able to make the oil temp work with his gauge even if it is not supported. Of course, you would still have to add a temp sensor to make it work since, like Julian stated, our oil temp is not carried by the CANbus. It might be beneficial to discuss it with Hayri.

By the way, here is one of his videos showing more info on the gauge:

And, for those interested, he can also custom build a larger 5 display CAN V-GAUGE.

View attachment 1255346
Do any of those Y adapters for the ODB II port actually work? I'd like to get one of these but already have my radar detector connected to the port?

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Do any of those Y adapters for the ODB II port actually work? I'd like to get one of these but already have my radar detector connected to the port?
I have never used a splitter, so I can't answer that question. However, since companies like Auto Meter make them, I would think it would work.

However, I would try calling Auto Meter's tech line and see what they say (866-248-6356). Or email Hayri and see if he can answer that [email protected]

·
Registered
195 Posts
The white & red GT is their stock & should be there, they also had an orange car to drive that is from Lotus USA... that will be moving to the next dealer for demoes...
Made it there today, the white one is just stunning the way it is spec’d; didn’t realize it was the same one from Naples. Also, there was a laser blue S1 on the lift being fitted with 430 bumpers, hope that person is a member here and posts pics of the finished product

·
Illegal Alien
4,620 Posts
I have never used a splitter, so I can't answer that question. However, since companies like Auto Meter make them, I would think it would work.

However, I would try calling Auto Meter's tech line and see what they say (866-248-6356). Or email Hayri and see if he can answer that [email protected]
Splitters do work, Im running AIM Solo2 DL and Shift Light, off my OBD2

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
I ordered a display today from Hayri, but without the startup screen. You guys should get commissions on these sales!
No commission for me.

I just think Hayri makes a pretty neat little gauge (and at a very reasonable price point) that fits exactly what I was looking for. So, I thought I'd mention it in case someone else was interested. The fact that he custom builds them for each customer and makes tweaks here and there is even better. He spent a considerable amount of time going back and forth via email with me to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. I think Hayri's "customer service" was top notch.

So...... I ordered another one yesterday for my brother's P car. With a custom start up screen :p

·
Registered
482 Posts
Is that car still going to be there Tuesday or are you taking it home? Was gonna swing by to see the GTs they got in, didn’t know about this one, and that white and red looks so good
should have had you guys check out the status of my car while there.. I haven't really payed attention to the forum. I'm hoping to get it back this week!

4881 - 4900 of 4902 Posts