The Lotus Cars Community banner

4901 - 4920 of 5404 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
When one of these snap:

You get tire rub like this as a result of flopping +/- 7 degree toe:

Potentially resulting in this when near concert walls:

Car fixed and upgraded by the great chaps Regogo Racing / Sports Car World (Dallas) and replaced toe links with these by Spitfire Engineering, sold in USA by @HethelSport:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Julian, Great upgrade.
Unfortunately this NEW Lotus Talk format does NOT show your photo attachments, only gives this note:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.
Maybe give it time to churn; it had duplicated some of the photos so I deleted pics and posted again, You may have gotten linked into space. Oh how I love this new format. I bet readership and posts has plummeted.

·
Registered
250 Posts
When one of these snap: View attachment 1256238

You get tire rub like this as a result of flopping +/- 7 degree toe: View attachment 1256240

Potentially resulting in this when near concert walls:
View attachment 1256241

Car fixed and upgraded by the great chaps Regogo Racing / Sports Car World (Dallas) and replaced toe links with these by Spitfire Engineering, sold in USA by @HethelSport: View attachment 1256242 View attachment 1256243
Can these break under normal use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Can these break under normal use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While anything "can" break, I don't think this is normal at all, in fact I would speculate that it is rare to break on the Evora. I believe I cracked it a few laps before with a wheel hooking curbing, just unfortunate that I snapped it at a full throttle application point that placed the remaining cross section in tension at a point on the track that has the speedway wall along edge of track.

Reactions: troyus and nintense

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Julian....how does the handling compare now?
are those Ohlins the same as The Hethelsport Ohlins?

·
Loves to talk
1,108 Posts
I may have seen the exact shocks now mounted on your car when I picked up the new tailgate. Or maybe I didn't. Regardless, the set I saw at Ken's was GOEGEOUS!

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Julian....how does the handling compare now?
are those Ohlins the same as The Hethelsport Ohlins?
Rock steady up on that lift. Honestly, car has been waiting on parts, going back together now, then across alley to bodyshop / paint booth. These are the shock/springs that Lotus sold on the GT430 and offer as dealer option on the GT (TTX-36 2-way) using the Lotus Motorsport mounts. HethelSport uses the same basic shock series with a different mount system, I believe, but differences would need to be discussed with them.

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
I may have seen the exact shocks now mounted on your car when I picked up the new tailgate. Or maybe I didn't. Regardless, the set I saw at Ken's was GOEGEOUS!
Mine had been shipped to me a few months ago, but they are the same model. So you got the cf tailgate, good deal, so light isn't it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just put in a new starter and a BOE CAI on my 2010 NA. I also have a quicksilver exhaust and the sound is now completely off the hook!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Got a new Integrated Control Module from @GatorMS_Parts today and installed it I now have working headlights woo! Very smooth experience by the GatorMS guys.

Unfortunately the right headlight blinker is only half working. Hoping it could just be a bad connection somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Unfortunately the right headlight blinker is only half working. Hoping it could just be a bad connection somewhere.
In the spare RH headlight assembly I bought, it had a non-functioning blinker. Turned out to be a loose connection between the power connector and PCB. Probably a cold solder combined with vibrations shook it loose. You have to remove the lens to fix it, and even then it's rather challenging, as the PCBs are aluminum-backed, so you have to heat the entire back-side up prior to soldering. I think if only half of the LEDs are working, that probably isn't the power connector, but something else has come loose on the blinker PCB. Which isn't an orderable part by itself.

blinker.png

just for more data points my 2011 starter went out at about 19K miles
Mine went out at 24k, and then again at ~41k. Both times it was just the brushes that were severely worn, so I still have my original armature and case.

·
Registered
205 Posts
In the spare RH headlight assembly I bought, it had a non-functioning blinker. Turned out to be a loose connection between the power connector and PCB. Probably a cold solder combined with vibrations shook it loose. You have to remove the lens to fix it, and even then it's rather challenging, as the PCBs are aluminum-backed, so you have to heat the entire back-side up prior to soldering. I think if only half of the LEDs are working, that probably isn't the power connector, but something else has come loose on the blinker PCB. Which isn't an orderable part by itself.
Good to know, I'll have to take a look and see. When I was reading the service notes and saw that this part wasn't serviceable I didn't have high hopes. At least for now something is better than nothing.

4901 - 4920 of 5404 Posts