The Lotus Cars Community banner

4921 - 4936 of 4936 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Installed new brake switch and clutch sensor.

Also did a mod to the stock airbox to get more noise.
Removed the carbon filter.
Added a smooth short U bend
Used a K&N filter
Added a 5' ram intake (mainly because it was an easy way to mount/tape to the fender intake.

Sounds way better!

·
Illegal Alien
4,659 Posts
Installed new brake switch and clutch sensor.

View attachment 1257297

View attachment 1257298

Also did a mod to the stock airbox to get more noise.
Removed the carbon filter.
Added a smooth short U bend
Used a K&N filter
Added a 5' ram intake (mainly because it was an easy way to mount/tape to the fender intake.

Sounds way better!

View attachment 1257299 View attachment 1257300

View attachment 1257301
Best filter is the Toyota TRD panel spec'd from the RAV4

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info on the starter failure. Most of my normal commuter car starter failed at 100k +. I guess it failed sooner on the Evora because we make many shorter trips.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Finally got under the dash and fixed the cruise control which broke after I replaced the clutch master cylinder with the GRP unit two years ago! What a PITA.......

·
Registered
79 Posts
Last year I moved from Arizona to outside Pittsburgh, so for the first time in my life I have to winterize a car. In November I finally transported my Evora to PA and promptly put her into a climate controlled underground limestone mine. This place has about 2000 cars and RVs spread about endless tunnels. It's pretty cheap to store, too. The new house has plenty of garage space, so for next winter I should have all moving boxes emptied, the lift installed, and can keep her at home.

This used to be my daily driver so it is no fun having her locked away for so long. At least Pitt Race looks like a pretty cool track, so track days this summer should be fun. Especially without the 115°F temps!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Definitely interested in knowing about these results! Your'e in the DFW area too right?
I am. I tried fitting the shmedium pulley, and it had 0.25mm clearance to the snout, so, today I used my makerspace subscription to embiggen it! Can't wait to Chuck it on.

4921 - 4936 of 4936 Posts