The Lotus Cars Community banner

5021 - 5040 of 5049 Posts

·
Lotus Rookie
26 Posts
Jacked the rear end up, removed the rear undertray, removed rear seat, removed engine access panel, removed rear wheel liner, took a long hard look around the cramped space that is the serpentine belt area and then promptly bolted everything back up and called a shop to schedule a belt and tensioner replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Jacked the rear end up, removed the rear undertray, removed rear seat, removed engine access panel, removed rear wheel liner, took a long hard look around the cramped space that is the serpentine belt area and then promptly bolted everything back up and called a shop to schedule a belt and tensioner replacement.
Heh, yeah, it's definitely not easy to work in the limited space on the front side of the engine. Definitely doable though if you have the right tools. Helps to have a lift too.

·
Lotus Rookie
26 Posts
Agentdr8- Your write up on the belt change it great. I had all the tools for the job too, except a lift. I'm not a small person and I really couldn't even get my hands where they needed to be from below without a lift. It pained me to do it, but I waved the white flag on the whole deal. All the power to you gents who can pull that belt change off!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Finally took the cover off, adjusted the tire pressures, (hoping no more brine sprays on the highways) and enjoyed a few outings. The car is so nice and runs great.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
"Black Pack" on my roof, mirrors, and side sills. Went for a nice drive! Doing the front lip next.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Changed the brake switch which looks to probably be an original. Had a real hard time to get the new switch in because the plunger was a bit too long fixed that and everything was good.

I also found a nice little trick to be able to turn off the boot lights without closing the hatch not sure if this has been posted before. You can just force the lock closed and that tells the car the hatch is closed and it turns off the light.

Open:

Closed:

Then you can just press the little latch on the right to "unlock" the hatch and fully close it again.

5021 - 5040 of 5049 Posts