The Lotus Cars Community banner

5041 - 5049 of 5049 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
finally went for a decent drive. love the car but holy hell does the audio suck
Saw picture of your car on FB, looks great. While the radio is not great I find it ok, better than my 488. Which radio did yours come with? Mine came with the standard radio but I switched it to the upgraded unit, not sure if sounds any better but did it to have Apple Car Play.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Saw picture of your car on FB, looks great. While the radio is not great I find it ok, better than my 488. Which radio did yours come with? Mine came with the standard radio but I switched it to the upgraded unit, not sure if sounds any better but did it to have Apple Car Play.

View attachment 1260247
thanks Scott I really like this one. I have to imagine I have the base audio, but my window sticker says I have a subwoofer. My issue is that the soundstage feels like it’s way out in front of you, and the quality of audio isn’t good either.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
If you have buttons on side it’s base, upgraded have buttons on bottom like in my picture. Also have you gone into settings? You want to make sure subwoofer is turned on. I mostly just listen to pandora and find it pretty good

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If you have buttons on side it’s base, upgraded have buttons on bottom like in my picture. Also have you gone into settings? You want to make sure subwoofer is turned on. I mostly just listen to pandora and find it pretty good
I have the base. Played around with the settings a bit but didn’t make much difference. Already told Safi to expect me at some point hah

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Just do decat, cold air intake and exhaust and you will forget all about radio. We need to get out for a ride and you can try mine to see how it can sound

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Just do decat, cold air intake and exhaust and you will forget all about radio. We need to get out for a ride and you can try mine to see how it can sound
Well needless to say, I’ve got some free time these days. Decat, intake, tune, and barge boards are very high on the todo list, plus now some stereo upgrades. It sits a little high for my taste too so maybe those lowering cups, and possibly spacers until I decide on wheels or not.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Received a new key and fob, as I had only the one.

Followed the secret masonic instructions to program the code in.. Success but 2 things to remember.

1. Do not switch the ignition key back to zero. just back one click.

2. Do not forget to reprogram your original key. You need to do both at the same sitting.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Changed her oil while quarantined. Also a breathing red engine mod off of the interior door LEDs.
20200323_193250_1.gif

5041 - 5049 of 5049 Posts