The Lotus Cars Community banner

5121 - 5140 of 5182 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Griot’s engine bay dressing. Followed the steps on one of Griot’s videos on how to clean the engine bay. First time trying to clean an engine bay and not sure if I like the effect of the dressing spray as it feels and looks somewhat greasy but maybe it will look better in a couple days.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Swapped over to the 400/GT shift knob. It's a little smaller than I would have expected but looks so much better than the old leather egg I had before.

I was also comparing the "new" 2010 door I picked up and my original 2008/2009 prototype door and there were a few changes that Lotus had made.

2009:

The various styles of door pulls and covers is also interesting. We have leather wrapped, and then black plastic in gloss and in a more matte texture. The older version (far right) even was missing the pointed end at the bottom.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yesterday removed the rear Evora Emblem and had the whole nose of Evora repainted to get rid of stone chips ..
So cleaning up the 2011 to make it as close to new as I can...Removed all lower chassis pans and washed and wax
everything under car including all suspension and aded a Front spoiler protector.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Griot’s engine bay dressing. Followed the steps on one of Griot’s videos on how to clean the engine bay. First time trying to clean an engine bay and not sure if I like the effect of the dressing spray as it feels and looks somewhat greasy but maybe it will look better in a couple days.
I had a feeling it was from Griots. I'm a big fan of their stuff and have a ton of it, including a can of their engine dressing. However, I only used it once (on a different car). Like you mention, I wavered on the results. I thought it looked pretty good but kind of "unnatural". I wasn't sure if it looked right since it looked so much shinier/cleaner than even a brand new car would. I found that if I just regularly clean my engine(s) every other month or so, they stay pretty darn nice.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have been using Turtle Wax Ice on all my engine bays and all the shock towers and even spray the Aluminum Suspension parts and shocks on all my vehicles and
been happy with results ..does not whiten and so if you miss wiping you do not see it..But do it more for protection..
I have done my Mini S in the Turtle Wax Ceramic and pleased with it after wiped down and dried ..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Today, nothing is better than when you drive the Evora and take your wife shopping. She always liked that.
Recently, I have seen that the front 2 tires are worn faster than the 2 rear ones. was quite long, I do not rotate tires, it is unclear whether it is the cause, but maybe next time I will replace new tires
Logic would dictate rear driven tires would wear more quickly but I have found that the fronts do wear faster in sports cars due to my habit of aggressive (and fun) turning. The outer edge is most effected so rotation wouldn't be a solution. Just enjoy

·
Illegal Alien
4,747 Posts
Logic would dictate rear driven tires would wear more quickly but I have found that the fronts do wear faster in sports cars due to my habit of aggressive (and fun) turning. The outer edge is most effected so rotation wouldn't be a solution. Just enjoy
I have always worn my Evora rears (both on an S1 S and a S2 410) quicker than the fronts and that's even with track time. I do run camber front and rear at max settings

·
Registered
528 Posts
Arrived home from 4 months in Dubai a couple of days ago. Took a repatriation flight to London then multiple flights home. What normally is a 17 hour flight became 48 hours door-to-door, including overnighting in Heathrow’s arrivals hall. Good times. So went on a short drive to knock the dust off the car and briefly get out of the house.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Took a little spin around the neighborhood. Noticed that my steering wheel is at a 10 degree angle to the right when driving straight which I think is causing the traction control light to come on. Has anyone had similar issues with their car?

Also the supercharger sounds so good with the CAI on it. Very addicting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Technically not today, but just a simple oil change and cabin filter replacement. Also replaced some power steering lines, complete radiator kit, and intake hoses on my Z. So many leaks to keep up with on a nearly 30yr old car.

Here's a not so great pic of the gathering. The Lotus, Z, couple Maseratis, and a surprisingly quick supercharged Range Rover.

5121 - 5140 of 5182 Posts