The Lotus Cars Community banner

5141 - 5160 of 5176 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
After installing new lift struts, I thought they were a bit boring, yet visible through the glass, so I ordered a couple of sample size carbon fiber looking wraps on eBay for $3... just need to decide on red or blue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did install the BoE Cold Air Intake kit to my Evora ...
The intake noise on the left side as soon as you step on the gas is enormous. It's almost a little too much for me.
It feels like the whole car has become louder, even if I don't have a neutral comparison at the moment.

Overall you can notice that the car has become much more "lively".

Left = Stock; Middle = everything disassembled; right = BoE installed

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've never been a big fan of round dual outlet exhausts but I've always loved the shape of 987 dual tips. So, I grab an old set off ebay and decided to build myself a Christmas gift.

I modified the tips, added a modified resonator (to eliminate drone) and a plate to act as a filler for the diffuser exhaust exit area. I then spent roughly 8 hours wet sanding and polishing it up (even though it will look like crap in no time from the heat). I only had time to take it for a real quick ride after I installed it, and the car wasn't fully warmed up so I couldn't get on it too much, but I think I like it :)

I’m likely dreaming given the date of this post, but worth a try! Just wondering how you went with this exhaust and drone? It sounds bloody fantastic online and I was considering doing something similar, but also want to avoid drone if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I’m likely dreaming given the date of this post, but worth a try! Just wondering how you went with this exhaust and drone? It sounds bloody fantastic online and I was considering doing something similar, but also want to avoid drone if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Ben
I'm still running that set-up and I'm still very happy with it. The resonator I added eliminated any drone.

I used a Vibrant 1792 bottle style resonator (smallest I could find) that I cut the flanges down to get more room to mount as I placed it back by the tips. However, if you mount it farther upstream, you probably don't have to touch the flanges as there's more room to mount it.

·
Illegal Alien
4,746 Posts
My Sport 410 remains in the shop since October. I find myself buying nd almost bu=ying cars on auction. Received a Europa in February, almost purchased an F488 in March, came to my senses yesterday and let a 977.1 GT3 RS go, my girl friends say that I'm in a deep automobile depression and that I must stop posting bids on BaT at 2 am.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm still running that set-up and I'm still very happy with it. The resonator I added eliminated any drone.

I used a Vibrant 1792 bottle style resonator (smallest I could find) that I cut the flanges down to get more room to mount as I placed it back by the tips. However, if you mount it farther upstream, you probably don't have to touch the flanges as there's more room to mount it.
Thanks heaps for the response mate, that’s fantastic to hear. That beautiful sound without drone is exactly what I’m after!

I had a quick look into the Vibrant resonator it seems to have 2.5” piping. I thought the Evora has slightly larger pipe, but that must be the newer ones.

Thanks again for the quick response, Ben.

·
Registered
528 Posts
“Installed” a CarCapsule Outdoor Showcase to give my car a safe home until it makes sense to build a garage and do the expansion to my house. Just can’t justify starting construction in this economic climate. Fifteen minutes from delivery drop off to pulling the car inside. Pretty amazingly easy. Hopefully this will keep the pack rats at bay.

·
Scott M
259 Posts
No pics, but I took a few co-workers from the dealership where I work for some joy rides. I'll leave out the speeds achieved, but all were impressed by the glorious noises (Plack exhaust), acceleration, and corner grip. I didn't expect the gushing praise- especially since they're not really car guys. One person...
"I was wondering 'shouldn't we be slowing down if he's going to take that turn' then you just kept going anyway."
Good fun had by all.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Down in margate nj for the weekend, of course the first ever Evora I see o the street and I’m walking. Gray evora gt

·
Registered
94 Posts
I put together a poor mans CAI for my Evora S, seems to fit quite nicely behind that support strut, but only time will tell if the fuel trims are messed up or not.
Will be logging STFT and LTFT over a few longer runs to see how it behaves, but initial testing shows IATs when moving drop a lot compared to the labyrinthine stock box which gets fairly heat soaked after just 15 minutes of the engine running.

5141 - 5160 of 5176 Posts