The Lotus Cars Community banner

5201 - 5220 of 5254 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Got my car's yearly service done this week and asked them to check AC, while it worked I felt could be cooler. They found a small leak in condenser and replaced that and a few others parts of system under warranty. Really cold now and I wish my 488's AC was nearly as good. Also Lotus dealership has been great during my time of ownership while I have found Ferrari to be horrible from corporate to dealership. I will buy another Lotus at some point but am done with Ferrari
The service department at AMNE has always been great. I need to get mine over there

·
Registered
83 Posts
I installed a back-up camera today. My car didn’t have the Tech Pack, and this was a feature I’ve sorely missed. The previous owner of my car swapped out the head unit for a Parrot Asteroid Smart, so all I needed to do there was plug in the video RCA jack and land the reverse trigger wire. The Asteroid has a dedicated pin to connect to, so this part was super easy.

I scoured these forums for advice. For example, pulling off the front fascia to pull out the head unit was a worry. I got through it without breaking anything, but the first time taking apart some of the interior items is stressful. If you don’t know where the tower clips are, it’s not easy.

Running the wires was the big worry. Fortunately, some old threads here pointed me in the right direction. There were a couple existing openings with a grommet that proved useful. It wasn’t fun as there is so little room to reach things and get your hands where they need to be. If only I was in to large trucks....

The best part for me was that I didn’t use the reverse light for power, only for the trigger. I ran power from the 12V plug in the boot. I can now use the backup camera while driving as a secondary rear view mirror. It works like a champ!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Reinstalled my brake switch sensor with the advice of pulling the plunger out 5 clicks compared to my original 3 and now the traction control light is staying off. Hoping it stays that way for a while this time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Half way through replacing the clutch master cylinder. Oiy... That job sucks.
Yup. Did it last year. I spent a lot of time upside down in the footwell. Also had a nightmare time trying to get the nut started on one of the bolts on the MC. My hands just weren’t small enough to get where they needed.

·
Scott M
279 Posts
Yup. Did it last year. I spent a lot of time upside down in the footwell. Also had a nightmare time trying to get the nut started on one of the bolts on the MC. My hands just weren’t small enough to get where they needed.
That “lotus position” time in the footwell has been the low point thus far. Unless you want to count my figuring out we need to redo the MC bolting to the firewall (our next task) because it is currently sitting too low and a nut on the MC bolt is making contact with a brake line.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Hopefully you made it a little easier by removing the driver's seat first. I found that the extra 5-10 mins to do that made a world of difference.

As annoying as it is, at least you shouldn't have to do it ever again.

·
Scott M
279 Posts
Hopefully you made it a little easier by removing the driver's seat first. I found that the extra 5-10 mins to do that made a world of difference.
Funny thing- It never occurred to me to remove the driver's seat. Being 5'9", 145lbs with medium hands and skinny arms made it workable. 30 lbs ago and I would have HAD to take the seat out. I'll do that before digging in again this week. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Did the engine and gearbox oil on mine, noticeable difference shifting. Others had reported that but I didn’t expect as much as it is
Gearbox oil? Do you mean transmission fluid? I have been noticing it's difficult to shift hard into 2nd gear...I'd love to fix that.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It’s 90 here today. Could really fee the car pulling ting above 5500. Assuming that’s normal? Safe to assume the carbon hatch option would alleviate that some too..

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
It’s 90 here today. Could really fee the car pulling ting above 5500. Assuming that’s normal? Safe to assume the carbon hatch option would alleviate that some too..
Have driven mine in some hotter than that temps and no issues and that is with a tune. I do think my carbon hatch does keep things cooler. I use an OBD reader to monitor some things and coolant stays under 200f even on 90+ days

·
Illegal Alien
4,778 Posts
I’ve driven my car hard in 105 deg. weather on track and from sea level to above 4,000 ft and find timing is not retarded, water and oil temps remain below 200 degs

·
Loves to talk
949 Posts
^I suspect so. I've had both hatches, the original glass lift gate that the car came with and an OEM carbon hatch I purchased here from another member. Neither one gave me a lick of indication that the car was overheating in our miserably hot and humid Tennessee summers. It may indeed cool more efficiently with my CF liftgte but they have both kept the car and occupants cool and collected even on the hottest days. In fact the AC works just as it should even in over 100 degree temps in traffic or under load regardless which configuration I was running at the time and it never seems to run out of cooling "headroom."

5201 - 5220 of 5254 Posts