The Lotus Cars Community banner

5381 - 5390 of 5390 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also have been doing some more carbon mods on the Evora in the last week, added GRP front vent covers, cup holder and the piece under the emergency brake. Also have a steering wheel on order so am waiting to put that on and clean up car and get some good pictures, but heres a couple now View attachment 1274880 View attachment 1274882 View attachment 1274883 View attachment 1274884 View attachment 1274885
Were they difficult to install at all? I have everything being delivered in the next day or 2 so looking forward to some fun over Thanksgiving!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Were they difficult to install at all? I have everything being delivered in the next day or 2 so looking forward to some fun over Thanksgiving!
A little tricky, i used the Lotus interior trim removal guide and that helped. Did have some trouble getting cup holder to sit flush in the base. Also when you take off the stock piece under brake you have to disconnect the the leather and put it on the new one. If you are handy you should be ok otherwise I would bring to someone

·
Loves to talk
1,105 Posts
I took my 400 to get some groceries yesterday and somebody tapped it in the lot while I was shopping. The main damage was to the "diffuser finisher" that contains the parking sensors. This looks like a piece that should cost $89.00 but because it's for a Lotus it would be $396.13. Well actually, it's $930. (Pt #A132U1138F in case you need it) The part is available in CF from the factory (I assume for the GT) but that more than doubles the price. I ordered it today in flat black like the one that came with the car. Apparently you retain the sensors and reuse them. So that's just for the plastic.

Angry and annoyed but it could have been worse. I'm glad it was just one bit. The bumper has a bit of paint correction work to be attended to but it looks worse in the photo than it is. I drove it down to the dealership this AM to get the part ordered. So that's what I did with my Evora today.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I took my 400 to get some groceries yesterday and somebody tapped it in the lot while I was shopping.
Uhhh . . . master of understatement much? If that’s a “tap” then {insert inappropriate sexual innuendo here}. 😝😭

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I took my 400 to get some groceries yesterday and somebody tapped it in the lot while I was shopping. The main damage was to the "diffuser finisher" that contains the parking sensors.
Well, that sucks! Very sorry to hear.

That's the problem nowadays. Accidents will happen, its part of life. But, nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore. The A-hole who did it would probably just blame your parking if confronted.

I've only had it happen to me once (A truck I built with a roll pan that I hand fabricated. They bashed it in and drove off.) but I feel your pain for sure.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow... Interesting. So he has a Chrome Orange Evora S, same as me, and bought a Rapid blue C8 (and chose Z51 package and carbon flash mirrors/wing and black interior as I did)...

Only difference I see is the wheels. I went with the standard wheels because they are coming off my car IMMEDIATELY. The wheel options for the C8 are atrocious. All of them look horrid, and the wheel well gap is equally atrocious. I’ll have a set of custom offset BC Forged wheels made and waiting at my house before car is even delivered.
if you are interested in 100% American made forged wheels I am friends with the owners of Forgeline, I can save you a few bucks If your interested. A friend purchased a Audi RS3 a few months back and was going to go BC Forged. After discount the Forgeline‘s were still more, however not much!

Forgeline purchased a C8 a month or so ago....

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
How do they reflect off the windshield? I see they have a matte too.
No problem at all, I have had the gloss switch covers on for awhile and no glare so wasnt worried it

·
Registered
180 Posts
I took my 400 to get some groceries yesterday and somebody tapped it in the lot while I was shopping. The main damage was to the "diffuser finisher" that contains the parking sensors. This looks like a piece that should cost $89.00 but because it's for a Lotus it would be $396.13. Well actually, it's $930. (Pt #A132U1138F in case you need it) The part is available in CF from the factory (I assume for the GT) but that more than doubles the price. I ordered it today in flat black like the one that came with the car. Apparently you retain the sensors and reuse them. So that's just for the plastic.

Angry and annoyed but it could have been worse. I'm glad it was just one bit. The bumper has a bit of paint correction work to be attended to but it looks worse in the photo than it is. I drove it down to the dealership this AM to get the part ordered. So that's what I did with my Evora today.

View attachment 1274972
Don’t know if you can cancel your order, but I have that piece. I replaced mine with the carbon one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5381 - 5390 of 5390 Posts