The Lotus Cars Community banner

5521 - 5540 of 5541 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,683 Posts
Love that color. Did it come from the factory with the lip piece painted yellow too or did you have a shop do that? That piece is black on all the GT's I've seen. Looks like a good match if so.
Color matched front lip is the way to go!

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
In preparation to track my E400, I took some professional driver training from Mike Pettiford https://www.go4itservices.com/ today. Expensive but well worth the money. I rented one of Mike's Mazda 6S' so the Evora did not see the track yet. Had her sitting there watching though... :D :D

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
523 Posts
I did to my Evora GT the only thing I can do this time of year: Visited it in storage and ran the engine for a while. I let it idle for several minutes at first with the AC compressor engaged, then held the RPM's at 1000, then 1500, then 2000 so the exhaust system could get warm enough to evaporate any moisture. When the blue low-temp indicator finally went out I let it back down to idle for a minute or so, then turned it off. The supercharger was just barely warm to the touch but the engine proper was dissipating heat as expected.

It was a sad situation. It could see the road, but wasn't allowed to play on it. I felt sorry but reassured it that the right decision is to wait until the snow is gone and temps are above the mid-30's we had today.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I can’t even imagine that living in Australia. Must be bloody hard!

·
Registered
18 Posts
well today I had our Highway patrol take a look at our car so I could hopefully get them to sign their form so I didn't need to get a front license plate but since they make one for the tow hook that's conveniently on the front I'm SOL and had to order the bracket and will have to display it. he did say if you forget to attach it its no big deal as they never right tickets for front plates but it does give them the right to initiate a stop. it was an uphill battle regardless then.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
<snip>but since they make one for the tow hook</snip>
Be careful using those tow hook plate mounts. I had one on mine and couldn't remove it when I actually needed to tow the car. It's possible that galvanic corrosion glued it into the hole (even though they're both aluminum), but it ended up requiring vicegrips to remove.

I'd highly recommend going the Sto-N-Sho route. 100% reversible install, and won't ever cause you issues if you need to use the tow hook. The downside is you lose about 1/2" of ground clearance right under the plate mount, but I just use mine as a skid plate that protects the front lip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be careful using those tow hook plate mounts. I had one on mine and couldn't remove it when I actually needed to tow the car. It's possible that galvanic corrosion glued it into the hole (even though they're both aluminum), but it ended up requiring vicegrips to remove.

I'd highly recommend going the Sto-N-Sho route. 100% reversible install, and won't ever cause you issues if you need to use the tow hook.
I ended up going with this one since it seemed like the easiest to act like I forgot to put it back on after washing

·
Registered
523 Posts

I'd highly recommend going the Sto-N-Sho route. 100% reversible install, and won't ever cause you issues if you need to use the tow hook. The downside is you lose about 1/2" of ground clearance right under the plate mount, but I just use mine as a skid plate that protects the front lip.
Fully agree. I even figured a way to mount it with the front splitter.

IMHO offset plates look ok on rally car types, but not exotic type cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts

So, I took it out to a parking lot and REALLY learned what I got myself into. Totally in love with the handling and the feel. Makes me feel so proud to drive it daily.

NOTE: Don't EVER, EVER go crazy when the tires are not warm. I learned my lesson on a **** my pants moment a few days ago, where I gunned it at green light and It kicked me sideways a bit.
Lesson learned real fast to be extra careful in cold weather.

·
Registered
106 Posts
View attachment 1281061

So, I took it out to a parking lot and REALLY learned what I got myself into. Totally in love with the handling and the feel. Makes me feel so proud to drive it daily.

NOTE: Don't EVER, EVER go crazy when the tires are not warm. I learned my lesson on a **** my pants moment a few days ago, where I gunned it at green light and It kicked me sideways a bit.
Corvette I had loved to do that...

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
523 Posts
Note that the Evora has a dash warning when the outside temp drops to 40F or below. That isn't for the drivetrain! {grin}

·
Registered
307 Posts
Got my car back from the shop after they installed the Nitron fast track shocks, and the Blackwatch Racing ARB. Had an issue where a cam bolt was bad but shop was able to get a replacement from Lotus.

They were able to lower the car by 1.5" so I might raise it a little bit once I can get a real look at it. (Was dropped off at my house at night in the rain).

Pics to come tomorrow hopefully if the weather is good.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Interesting, today I got new tires and a more track friendly alignment, but this is as aggressive they could get with the stock suspension.

View attachment 1281145
I finally got on the highway with the Komotec tune and there is definitely a difference.
Odd you couldn't get at least 5 degrees of caster as that is the factory spec there.

·
Registered
2011 Lotus Evora S - 2000 Honda Civic SiR Turbo
106 Posts
Fiddled with the stereo and got the Bluetooth working along with the new startup screen.

5521 - 5540 of 5541 Posts