The Lotus Cars Community banner
5801 - 5820 of 5908 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Fed my Evora some veggies at VIR. Heading into the upper esses (Turn 8) in some heavy rain and traffic slowed down unexpectedly and needed to just go straight off. Evora still drives very nicely in the grass.

Splitter and bumper damage very unrelated.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Other forums do this and it's fun and informative. The rules: Simply tell us what you did to your ride today. Modifications, fixed something or just took a drive. Post it up. Pics are welcome.

Have at it!
Very nice day, low 80's, no humidity, I88, set the cruise at 170mph and took a 20 min. ride...

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
753 Posts
Looks good.

I got a bunch of kin around Red Deer, if that's your part of Alberta

·
Registered
18 Posts
today I retrofitted a reverse camera and installed a new windowregulator on the passenger side. The regulator I replaced was yet another replacement (manufactured 7/2012) that was done in 2013 (2011 Evora). Autodrop fixed now and brilliant visibility when reversing (in addition to the sensors).

Than I had to deal with a key that was stuck in the ignition barrel and refused to fully come out. The very last part of the "beard got stuck somewhere. Tapping, WD-40 nothing helps. Instrument cluster stays on, as does the annoying beep. :confused: After a fresh tart this morning used very tiny wire that offered up along the key hoping I could free some stuck pins. And hey presto. All in all took a while.

Next job adjusting the front. LH-side all fine now, RH-side only a slight improvement. Can't figure out how to get it right, tips/tricks?

IMG_2819.JPG IMG_2822.JPG IMG_2821.JPG IMG_2820.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Next job adjusting the front. LH-side all fine now, RH-side only a slight improvement. Can't figure out how to get it right, tips/tricks?
The clam isn't really adjustable side-to-side along the trailing edges, except for some minor movement where it meets the lower A-panel behind the front wheels. I suppose it's possible if the clam is slightly angled to one side that it could create a larger disparity along the other side, but fixing that would involve loosening every bolt/nut that's holding the front clam on to adjust the center line.

The door hinges have shims, and depending on how far you need to move it out, you could possibly increase the shim thickness.

5801 - 5820 of 5908 Posts