The Lotus Cars Community banner
5821 - 5840 of 5908 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The clam isn't really adjustable side-to-side along the trailing edges, except for some minor movement where it meets the lower A-panel behind the front wheels. I suppose it's possible if the clam is slightly angled to one side that it could create a larger disparity along the other side, but fixing that would involve loosening every bolt/nut that's holding the front clam on to adjust the center line.

The door hinges have shims, and depending on how far you need to move it out, you could possibly increase the shim thickness.

I thought about that as well but than would about the door seals, and the lock? Maybe I should just leave it as is until the next clam-off job (fat away hopefully)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
New rears also! For some reason, the tires keep wearing out, I think its the Valet at my house!

·
Registered
257 Posts
How many miles did your Cup 2's last?
About 7800 miles. The fronts had ~70% tread left but the rears were gone.
I went ahead and replaced all four because I got a good deal, I was going to eventually get ps4s anyways, and psc2s are on back order with an unknown eta at least around here and with the place that gave me the deal and I didn’t have time to shop around or wait anyways especially if there was a high probability they couldn’t get them anytime soon… so I just went for all of them.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
165 Posts
I had read the Cup 2's only last for 2500 miles so I'd been planning on going to PS4s soon myself, but mine still seem to have plenty of tread with ~1700 miles.

I have to say the chunky Cup2's look pretty badass through the rear GT fender vents, but I am looking forward to getting the PS4s on anyways just to have some reasonable wet performance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had read the Cup 2's only last for 2500 miles so I'd been planning on going to PS4s soon myself, but mine still seem to have plenty of tread with ~1700 miles.

I have to say the chunky Cup2's look pretty badass through the rear GT fender vents, but I am looking forward to getting the PS4s on anyways just to have some reasonable wet performance.
I just want more than 7800 miles out of a pair of tires ;)

lol 😂

·
Premium Member
2021 Lotus Evora GT
46 Posts
Added a temporary solution to expanded power outlets (for the dash cam and radar detector) along with a voltmeter to monitor system voltage.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just realized how close the front brake calipers are to the wheel

Never noticed that before…

I noticed this after vacuuming it out lol so that’s what I did today haha

·
Loves to talk
1,385 Posts
I didn't actually DO anything but had an ECU glitch that cleared itself up after letting the car sit for five minutes and restarting it.

I'd driven the car for half an hour or so while running errands (very hot day, over 100 F if that matters). Initially I had parked up for a few minutes while I ran into a shop, then when I restarted it and after a few minutes of driving I noted that the blue temp light did not go out and the car limited itself to 4000 RPM. I pulled over, shut the car down and waited a few minutes, then restarted it and the fault cleared itself. I will see if I can pull find fault codes this morning but the car is back to normal again.

My first identifiable ECU glitch in 16K and almost 4 years. At the moment I prefer to consider it a one time anomaly, possibly related to my now 4 plus year old OEM battery. Should have bought that Anti-Gravity LiPo while it was on sale perhaps?

·
Premium Member
Caterham Superlite R Evora 400
217 Posts
Plugged a screw puncture in the rear tire
Wash waxed detailed the interior
Went for a drive only to find no AC (Living in Florida)
Same drive only to find no brake lights
Same drive still no GPS (cant find Satellites)
Same drive Discovered the rear sub is not working (surprise)

Changed the brake light fuse
Looked for fuse # R11 found it cant reach it
Read "how to access rear fuse block"
Had a beer decided this is a dealer fix to access the rear fuse block and fix AC issue
Had another beer and decided it was also a dealer fix to fix the nav.

Had a vodka to numb the disappointment of owing the car for three days and not being able to drive it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Lotus Evora GT
46 Posts
Plugged a screw puncture in the rear tire
Wash waxed detailed the interior
Went for a drive only to find no AC (Living in Florida)
Same drive only to find no brake lights
Same drive still no GPS (cant find Satellites)
Same drive Discovered the rear sub is not working (surprise)

Changed the brake light fuse
Looked for fuse # R11 found it cant reach it
Read "how to access rear fuse block"
Had a beer decided this is a dealer fix to access the rear fuse block and fix AC issue
Had another beer and decided it was also a dealer fix to fix the nav.

Had a vodka to numb the disappointment of owing the car for three days and not being able to drive it.
This one made me laugh but also feel some sympathy. At that rate you'll be an alcoholic by fall.
I held my breath today when I pushed the start button before leaving cars and coffee. 6 of the guys, all driving Porsches, watched and waited to see what happened. Happily it was a good start and not a dead car which happened twice in the past week.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
753 Posts
I'm still getting used to the immobilizer/alarm. When we were showing the car to our friends at our (once upon a time, maybe again) monthly English car club meet 2 weeks ago, it wouldn't start. Cranks, no fire, alarm going off, etc. I pushed the buttons. It unlocked the doors. Mirrors didn't swing out, which should have been my clue. Eventually, some combination of buttons got the thing un-immobilized and we were good to go. I did mention it was English.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you have any issues with the kick-up panels hitting anything on the BOE one? I've been debating this mod, extra cooling is never a bad thing.
There were two kick ups attached to the bodywork when I took the old under tray off, each secured with two bolts, both vaguely fed from the NACA ducts on the old undertray.

They needed to be removed before the BOE tray (with it's integrated kickups) was fitted.
NB: I have the standard OEM S exhaust system.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yep, you need to remove those two ducts to install the BOE undertray. They are replaced by the ones built into the new undertray. I clipped the O2 sensor wire to the bracket holding the e-brake cable.

5821 - 5840 of 5908 Posts