The Lotus Cars Community banner
5861 - 5880 of 6123 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Fit the @HethelSport GTE front bumper on today to check out the fitment. Fit decently well for being an aftermarket piece in my book. Definitely within tolerances for me (Where it meets the clamshell on the sides isn't perfectly flush).

View attachment 1291550 View attachment 1291551
View attachment 1291552
View attachment 1291553
View attachment 1291554
Very nice! How hard is to get the OE bumper to fit as good? Mine is about 1/4” lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
Very nice! How hard is to get the OE bumper to fit as good? Mine is about 1/4” lower

There are 3 bolts at the front that hold the front in. 1 in each corner near where the headlight meets both in the corner (Need to remove both headlights to reach them) and then 1 under the badge. If you loosen those up should be able to move it in a little bit.

At the sides there are 3 bolts holding the bumper to the clamshell on each side and then just the undertray. Pretty easy to take off actually.

Looking back I might have it a tiny bit too far up heh

·
Registered
274 Posts
There are 3 bolts at the front that hold the front in. 1 in each corner near where the headlight meets both in the corner (Need to remove both headlights to reach them) and then 1 under the badge. If you loosen those up should be able to move it in a little bit.

At the sides there are 3 bolts holding the bumper to the clamshell on each side and then just the undertray. Pretty easy to take off actually.

Looking back I might have it a tiny bit too far up heh
Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Finally installed my CF hatch! It really blends in well with the Sienna Brown. I'll have to get some better pics in the sunlight.

And people aren't kidding when they say you have to be patient with aligning it but it's worth it!

Also, does anyone know how to take off the side engine vent grills? The one over the power steering reservoir. The manual says to just remove the 2 screws, but there's something in the center on the opposite side holding it in. I'm removing the hatch strut mounts to make room for the Exige CF engine covers.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Also, does anyone know how to take off the side engine vent grills? The one over the power steering reservoir. The manual says to just remove the 2 screws, but there's something in the center on the opposite side holding it in.
I've had both of those side grills out before, and I only recall having to remove the 2 visible screws. They might come out at an angle (it's been a while).

·
Registered
225 Posts
Weird, it's this way on both sides. I can even rotate it a bit back and forth. It feels like it could just be a plastic pin or something, just don't want to pull too hard on it without knowing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Autocross! finally got another chance to go play, car did well despite the 360 wear rating tires which are being swapped today for some much stickier falkens. ran faster times then a new ZO6 but was just off pace from a stage 3 roush mustang and some well set up boxsters. the course here in Helena, MT is amazing compared to anywhere else I've done it over the years, its at our police/fire training center and is a combination of Drag Strip, Giant skid pad and a small Roadcourse that interweaves and can be set up differently each time.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
After goading you to go 60 Amp, I went with a 40 and the monitor. Plug and play, I only had to reset the clock.
That may have been the right call, I haven't seen it below 97% yet even after 5 days.
By the way, I'm ppf'ing the roof and A Pillars next week if you're looking for your next thing.

·
Loves to talk
1,487 Posts
When you say "I" do you mean you'll be doing it or having it done? If I knew somebody who would cut the film for me to existing patterns, I'd do it myself. You can get those for popular bikes, so I learned on those. I've got the factory ppf, so covered like yours.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
When you say "I" do you mean you'll be doing it or having it done? If I knew somebody who would cut the film for me to existing patterns, I'd do it myself. You can get those for popular bikes, so I learned on those. I've got the factory ppf, so covered like yours.
Having it done.

My A Pillars and roof are not included in the factory ppf. Leading edge of roof taking some damage from track.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
What does Powder Coating cost?
The place I went to was a little over $100 per wheel (cheapest I found). But that was only because I brought them the wheels bare without tires & tpms. I had to do all the leg work of placing the car on stands, going to the tires shop to remove the tires, take them to the powdercoater, pick them up, and back to the tire shop.

Other places quoted me $200 to $250 per wheel but offered "drop off" service which meant they would do all the work in about 3 days.

5861 - 5880 of 6123 Posts