The Lotus Cars Community banner
5881 - 5900 of 6110 Posts

·
Maniacal Motorist
229 Posts
The dreaded wet floor mats! Had to remove the end plugs on the four drain lines behind the front undertray. Packed with slime and sludge, the lines were full of water - it seemed like a gallon must have come out! Ok, not really, but it was a lot. Definitely not “adding lightness” carrying all that around. Wiped a bit of trace mold, gave a good Lysol mist squirt and buttoned up.

Those line plugs seem pointless. It really just limits the rate at which water can drip onto the tray. In the end, it just rolls around until it finds the small holes or evaporates. Plugs were not reinstalled.

·
Registered
323 Posts
installed Powerflex ARB bushings for both front and rear bars (actually did this a few weeks back).

Also installed the GT’s rear diffuser/undertray onto my S1 S. I still need the black grill cover part that goes above the diffuser but under the black plastic diffuser surround. For now I’m using 2 black splitter adjustable support rods to help hold up the middle rear most part of the diffuser tray (just on either side of the exhaust tip).

Also finishing up my sim rig to drive a digital version of my Evora 😎

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Spent a few hours touching up my driver's seat bolster with Gliptone leather dye (in the original Paprika formula; Gliptone was acquired by Staingard):

Started by cleaning the bolster with leather cleaner, and wiped dry.

Beginning state:
Automotive design Personal luxury car Tints and shades Vehicle Car seat cover

After one coat:
Automotive design Automotive lighting Car seat cover Line Vehicle door

Second coat (about 15-20 mins in between coats, using the foam brush in a stippling fashion):
Line Red Material property Tints and shades Auto part

Around the 5th or 6th coat (I forgot how many I did):
Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Motor vehicle Material property

The finished product (it was too hot in the garage to continue putting on more coats):
Vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover Fixture

I think it came out looking much better than it did when I started. Obviously the stress lines/creases won't disappear completely, and the dye itself isn't too good at filling small dimples or areas, but building up enough layers helps smooth out the look at least.

For anyone looking to do the same, Staingard has the Oyster and Paprika mixtures readily available. Not sure about other interior colors, but I'm sure Karen Williams (+44 1244 888658) would be able to tell you one way or another. The smallest bottle they sell is 65ml, which is plenty to do both seats if needed, plus some. Shipping from the UK costs more than the dye itself.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Spent a few hours touching up my driver's seat bolster with Gliptone leather dye (in the original Paprika formula; Gliptone was acquired by Staingard):

Started by cleaning the bolster with leather cleaner, and wiped dry.

Beginning state:
View attachment 1292455

After one coat:
View attachment 1292456

Second coat (about 15-20 mins in between coats, using the foam brush in a stippling fashion):
View attachment 1292457

Around the 5th or 6th coat (I forgot how many I did):
View attachment 1292458

The finished product (it was too hot in the garage to continue putting on more coats):
View attachment 1292459

I think it came out looking much better than it did when I started. Obviously the stress lines/creases won't disappear completely, and the dye itself isn't too good at filling small dimples or areas, but building up enough layers helps smooth out the look at least.

For anyone looking to do the same, Staingard has the Oyster and Paprika mixtures readily available. Not sure about other interior colors, but I'm sure Karen Williams (+44 1244 888658) would be able to tell you one way or another. The smallest bottle they sell is 65ml, which is plenty to do both seats if needed, plus some. Shipping from the UK costs more than the dye itself.
I twice sent her email, without any response. I need the Oyster, will pay for shipping to the US. Is there any way to contact her other than calling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
I twice sent her email, without any response. I need the Oyster, will pay for shipping to the US. Is there any way to contact her other than calling?
Even if you reach her through email, they can only accept credit card payment over the phone. The time difference makes it rather cumbersome, but I was able to reach her by phone around 1:30AM our time.

You can try using their Contact Us form -- this is how I originally sent in my inquiry. It was then forwarded internally to Karen, who reached out to me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also, does anyone know how to take off the side engine vent grills? The one over the power steering reservoir.

View attachment 1291725
Looks pretty damn outstanding on that color man! Your Evora looks sinister… I’m really digging that color with black and carbon accents!

That Prodrive carbon hatch is just freakin beautiful, isn’t it? I’ve had a very healthy diet of carbon fiber in my life, but I must say this Lotus hatch is a great quality, stunningly beautiful piece. Also a big wow factor for people when they see it.

Also per that last pic, I would lower that driver’s side hatch rubber stopper a tiny bit. Like a small fraction of a full turn will raise that side just a hair and line that duck bill up perfect with you rear clam’s part.

…But Im also OCD, soooo 😑

otherwise, your alignment gaps look great, better than mine are and I’ve spent hours and hours trying to get everything gapped well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks pretty damn outstanding on that color man! Your Evora looks sinister… I’m really digging that color with black and carbon accents!

That Prodrive carbon hatch is just freakin beautiful, isn’t it? I’ve had a very healthy diet of carbon fiber in my life, but I must say this Lotus hatch is a great quality, stunningly beautiful piece. Also a big wow factor for people when they see it.

Also per that last pic, I would lower that driver’s side hatch rubber stopper a tiny bit. Like a small fraction of a full turn will raise that side just a hair and line that duck bill up perfect with you rear clam’s part.

…But Im also OCD, soooo 😑

otherwise, your alignment gaps look great, better than mine are and I’ve spent hours and hours trying to get everything gapped well.
Yeah, I could tweak it a bit more. We spent hours on the left/right, front/back adjustment, that's the tedious part.

Here's another pic in the sun. Still hard to capture the color of the Sienna Brown, but it really does match well with the CF.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Sienna Brown is a badass color. Looks like dark gray under artificial light. They had one at the LA Auto show some years back. Maybe 2014.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Damn you’re still dropping huge chunks of time like that between just 2 laps? Well done man.
Bit more than 2 laps heh (I've 7 days at VIR this year) but yeah Evora has a high skill cap so getting more seat time and getting comfortable with the car each time I go out the times keep falling.

Plus still climbing the run group ladder with various groups so my times on paper can be a bit hard to compare due to lap traffic.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
524 Posts
Took my youngest who was screaming "Evora!Evora" in the driveway in his booster "turbo seat" (that makes daddy's Evora faster) 25 miles to pickup my wife and 10 yr old from the Acura dealer. All 4 of us, all smiles. Older says "how can it sound so fast at 40 miles an hour?!"
I love this car because it's fun even if not going fast.

·
Premium Member
2021 Lotus Evora GT
58 Posts
Made up a power distribution box to add connectivity for the radar detector, dash cam, and USB charging.
This will install out of direct view in the passenger footwell and be hardwired to the fuse block.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Made up a power distribution box to add connectivity for the radar detector, dash cam, and USB charging.
This will install out of direct view in the passenger footwell and be hardwired to the fuse block.
Install pics when done? Which dash cam did you go with?

5881 - 5900 of 6110 Posts