The Lotus Cars Community banner
5901 - 5920 of 6048 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I went to Dallas Tx. and bought a 2014 Evora S with 29k on the clock and drove it 810 miles back to Atlanta Ga. . Stopped at the Barber Racetrack for a photo op. View attachment 1293156
When I saw this pic, I had to chuckle because the description of your Evora pickup was similar to mine 2+ years earlier.

I bought my 2011 Evora NA in Dallas in May 2019 and it had 2900 miles on it. I drove it straight home (16 hours +/-?) to Greenville, SC and was astonished how comfortable it was (and quiet . . . which has since been, uhhh, "corrected"). ;)

I also made a quick stop at Barber and picked up an Evora for my son.

Not a great picture, but I did not want to drive up front and take a picture! My wife thinks it's funny that for someone who likes to shy away from any attention I drive a bright blue Lotus. I guess I drive it because I like it and don't really care what others think, and the attention it gets is a "public service". LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,397 Posts
Traded the Nightfall Blue 2012 for a carbon and black pack Motorsports Green 2021. Already shopping for yellow stripes. I got them to swap black for silver wheels for me.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fresh set of pilot sport 4s’s on today, they are very grippy , I’m digging em , looking forward to a nice Sunday drive 👍

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,397 Posts
First real drive alone in the GT. Holy crap! The sound of the supercharger reminds me of Gibbons as it spools up whoop whoop!
Whoop whoop

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn C and roarf

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
479 Posts
A few days ago pulled my car out t 6am and up drives a motorcycle police, miles from any highway mind you. An anonymous neighbor had reported my "loud" car. I never put it in sport and drive under 20 in the neighborhood. Officer was nice and I passed no problem so Mrs Kravitz can only resort to staring out her window.
I love California and will never leave but sometimes....ugh

·
Registered
131 Posts
Replaced the cabin filter. Really needed it :oops:

·
Administrator
6,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
Evora S in Shipment....
67 Posts
Closed on an Evora S today. It will be loaded on to the trailer for shipment this evening.
Purchased sight-unseen from a private seller. Risky, I know. But it's on the opposite corner of the country. We'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
516 Posts
That looks great! Certainly not the duct taped one you had in May. Are you doing VIR with PCA again in Oct?
The gorilla tape solution held up really well honestly but happy to see that go.

I haven't signed up yet but most likely I will be there. I'm going to VIR labor day weekend and then driving out to LOG40 to do that and the track day then as well.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Looks awesome! But, there again I am partial to that front end.... :p
Ha your Evora showcases it well!

Question for you have you tried running an extra front splitter with yours? I'm more interested in underside protection than I am with its usual purpose.

·
Administrator
6,820 Posts
The gorilla tape solution held up really well honestly but happy to see that go.

I haven't signed up yet but most likely I will be there. I'm going to VIR labor day weekend and then driving out to LOG40 to do that and the track day then as well.
That should be a great trip! I envy you maybe next time for us. Hope to see you there...w/o posing for those mid turn screw ups lol

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Ha your Evora showcases it well!

Question for you have you tried running an extra front splitter with yours? I'm more interested in underside protection than I am with its usual purpose.
I traced out the bumper before I installed it and added polycarbonate protectors that I cut to fit. I held them back slightly from the leading edge so you really don't see them unless you bend down to look. So far, I have not scraped but its good to know they are there if needed.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Oh, and on the tow hook cover... I cut down a tow hook and added a neodymium magnet on the end. Then added a ground down bolt to the back of the cover. That way, I can pop the cover on/off without the double sided tape. (I ended up adding a tether too just in case it popped off by itself but it never has. Thats why there is a hole in the tow hood "wing" and wire mounts on the inside of the cover.) The magnet actually sucks the cover out of my hand and into place its so strong.

5901 - 5920 of 6048 Posts