The Lotus Cars Community banner
5921 - 5940 of 6110 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks @2011 chrome orange

I might try and wing up something with the tow hook like you have. Right now the plan is to have the tow hook in 24/7 so not too worried about losing the cover. Shame the hole isn't as pretty as the rest of the bumper but it'll do!

·
Administrator
7,337 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
65 Posts
Installed my @GregsRaceParts aluminum spoiler on my 3 week old 2021 Evora GT. Removed 18 pounds of screws and rubber and added a 5lb spoiler that lotus should have done in the first place. It looks awesome.
Holy lip Batman!!

Looks awesome brother. I don’t know if I should get the Carbon version or Aluminum.
Unfortunately the V2 version with side winglets are only in the Aluminum option.

Can you provide some feedback on the fit and finish? I want to order one

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,865 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Holy lip Batman!!

Looks awesome brother. I don’t know if I should get the Carbon version or Aluminum.
Unfortunately the V2 version with side winglets are only in the Aluminum option.

I believe GRP teased a winged carbon splitter for the 400/GT is in development

·
Registered
48 Posts
Holy lip Batman!!

I had the same thought, Im a carbon fiber guy myself, but no winglets, and then the entire car is aluminum right? after laying in the hot sun in my driveway cleaning the underside of the rear diffuser which is aluminum I thought id give it a go and worst case you can always return it. theres a rubber strip under bumper with 15 or so plastic push screws that dont want to come out so just yank the rubber over the screws and its easier to work them out.
then theres two bolts on each end in front of wheels which are 5/16 bolts and 7/16 nuts, plus I think 8- 5/16 bolts to remove. you save the washers from these bolts.

You then loosely install the new screws with nuts in front of wheels. grab one screw with old washer and use it in center to hold splitter while you line up back edges (in front of wheels) the biggest issue I had was I had to drive my car on blocks to get floor jack under to lift to set my ramps under tires for safety. I have a lift but it already had one car lifted and one car under, lets just say I was lazy.

I would highly recommend the aluminum with winglets, it finishes the car. oh and if you see what looks like scratches on the left side, I thought it was a reflection of scrapes underneath the clamshell but it a reflection of the grill.. that really bothered me.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
65 Posts
I had the same thought, Im a carbon fiber guy myself, but no winglets, and then the entire car is aluminum right? after laying in the hot sun in my driveway cleaning the underside of the rear diffuser which is aluminum I thought id give it a go and worst case you can always return it. theres a rubber strip under bumper with 15 or so plastic push screws that dont want to come out so just yank the rubber over the screws and its easier to work them out.
then theres two bolts on each end in front of wheels which are 5/16 bolts and 7/16 nuts, plus I think 8- 5/16 bolts to remove. you save the washers from these bolts.

You then loosely install the new screws with nuts in front of wheels. grab one screw with old washer and use it in center to hold splitter while you line up back edges (in front of wheels) the biggest issue I had was I had to drive my car on blocks to get floor jack under to lift to set my ramps under tires for safety. I have a lift but it already had one car lifted and one car under, lets just say I was lazy.

I would highly recommend the aluminum with winglets, it finishes the car. oh and if you see what looks like scratches on the left side, I thought it was a reflection of scrapes underneath the clamshell but it a reflection of the grill.. that really bothered me.
Greatly appreciate the feedback and install tips. I decided to go for the V1 after many back and forth photos viewing. Didn’t go for the carbon due to the rubber edging that gets added to the rough cut edge. Prefer a clean edge from the Aluminum version.
Should get it sometime next week.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
255 Posts
Saw a little kid gawking at my car from the SUV next to a me at a light, and having the car back from a couple weeks at the dealer I was feeling sporty. When the light turned green I wound it out close to redline to make some noise. Only to see a black and white in the oncoming lanes who flips a real quick U turn onto my ass. Start practicing my excuses in my head....

Thankfully he must not have had his radar on and I noticed him and hit the brakes quick enough and proceeded at a slow pace, so all he did was tail me to the next stop.

The car gods were smiling on me today. Or perhaps the copper was a car guy wanting a closer look!

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
524 Posts
Turned right past a white McLaren spyder at stop light. A mile or so away he pulled on my right and gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up. I was on the phone with the AC on and windows up so I gave him a wave and thumbs up too. Then he enthusiastically pointed at my car and nodded up and down with approval. So I did the same of course We both got a good laugh and waved good bye. Pretty funny and awesome he wasn't too proud to be cool. I have to say I get all kinds of positive feedback, except from p-car drivers (I used to be one):cool:

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
255 Posts
Went for a trip with the family in the Evora to the Petersen Automotive Museum in LA. Awesome museum, in my backyard but didn't know about it until recently. It's not too big, but they have some real gems.

Saw a lot of hero cars up close for the first time- some personal highlights were the Miura, Stratos Stradale, XJ220, McLaren F1, EB110. They have a delicious white Countach (the panels gaps up close really made me appreciate my Evora a bit more, but otherwise what a stunner).

Unfortunately not a lot of Lotus, apart from a Tesla Roadster with its Elise underpinnings (it really looks like a smaller, more angular Evora), but they do have one doozy- a Lotus 99T F1 car. Perhaps there are more in the vault, but I didn't have the chance to take that tour because the kiddo was getting hungry.

Also lots of cool movie cars, including a BTF DeLorean (with peeling off sticker over the speedometer because the car could only get up to 85), a Star Wars speeder, Batmobiles, and a bunch of Blade Runner vehicles.

Highly recommend if you're in the area. Healthcare providers also currently get free admission.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,430 Posts
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting

Sniffed up the resin fumes when I opened the CF tailgate. Reminds my of the layup rooms and autoclaves on the 777 fins at the factory.

5921 - 5940 of 6110 Posts