The Lotus Cars Community banner
5941 - 5960 of 6110 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
887 Posts
Car show on Saturday, so I washed it today. Then, per The Lotus Guru, you are supposed to drive the car after washing it so that the brakes don't rust. So I took it down the road some and back. Damn this thing is fast. Really fast. Fastest car I have ever driven.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Inokinetic they say total 13.5lb savings but I picked up my old rotor in my left hand and new in the right n the felt the same
Yeah, I've read discussions where people have said that wasn't nearly accurate and not sure where that number came from. Thanks for confirming that, still curious what the weight difference is. There MUST be something given the hat is aluminum.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Installed a new rearview mirror. Figure I can barely see out of the carbon hatch so the mirror might as well look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2917 Evora 400 (white witg brown leather)
20 Posts
Today i brought my new to me 2017 Evora 400 home to stay it had been residing in a rented garage. When I purchaced the car my Memphis home was not ready for delivery. The house is a small cottage built around 1924 and the driveway entrance already caused one of my cars to bottom out. I've had new concrete poured to address the issue and its finally cured.

I purchased an outdoor car cover to fit the car. When I got home from an afternoon drive I was prepairing to put the car cover on but, stopped prior to covering the engine bay. Fan(s) came on and the vents were radiating enough heat to make me think twice. Has anyone had any issue with car covers and heat.... I'd prefer not to find out the hard way🤔

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
I purchased an outdoor car cover to fit the car. When I got home from an afternoon drive I was prepairing to put the car cover on but, stopped prior to covering the engine bay. Fan(s) came on and the vents were radiating enough heat to make me think twice. Has anyone had any issue with car covers and heat.... I'd prefer not to find out the hard way🤔

Never had an issue. But, I never cover mine unless I can hold my hand on the vents and touch the exhaust tip without getting burned.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I cover mine with lightweight sheets in the garage (to stop dust). I don’t put the sheets on for a good 3-4 hours just to be safe. Some serious heat comes out of those vents. Probably wouldn’t catch fire, but I don’t want to risk moisture / condensation building up etc.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Changed brake pads
I am on 19x8 and 20x9 and I'm lightly rubbing ( my previous set up 19 rear 18 front did not rub and that was with 15mm spacers and 285 wheels ) anyone know best way to check what the wheel is rubbing on ? View attachment 1295652 View attachment 1295653
I asked you on FB if you had any rubbing. I’d check the front guards at that height. Mine is higher on the same Nitrons and I get slight rubbing when really pushing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I asked you on FB if you had any rubbing. I’d check the front guards at that height. Mine is higher on the same Nitrons and I get slight rubbing when really pushing.
yes I get some rubbing I will look into it ( don't want to raise the rear but def need to raise the front a tad I been trying to find an how how on how to use that stupid tool that comes with the coilovers 😅) and oh I can't check my fb messages I refuse to get the app lol

·
Registered
2917 Evora 400 (white witg brown leather)
20 Posts
Car show on Saturday, so I washed it today. Then, per The Lotus Guru, you are supposed to drive the car after washing it so that the brakes don't rust. So I took it down the road some and back. Damn this thing is fast. Really fast. Fastest car I have ever driven.
Fàst yet stuck to the road...getting on the expressway I've been pushing it a bit. At least from a lateral G force perspective it seems like it.. no slip, no slide, no drift, just stuck to the road like nothing I've ever driven it doesnt seem to push so far....
So what do we call the side effect ..
Manic Speed Grin...... usually seen on people wearing a straight jacket.
Does Lotus sell a logoed BARF BAG accessory
I was asked if i was trying to make someone loose thier lunch in my car..... opps had to slow down... its a hard grin to try to hide ... but blown cookies on leather that, would remove the grin

·
Registered
447 Posts
yes I get some rubbing I will look into it ( don't want to raise the rear but def need to raise the front a tad I been trying to find an how how on how to use that stupid tool that comes with the coilovers ) and oh I can't check my fb messages I refuse to get the app lol
Hard to tell without knowing offset and tyre size, but I reckon your rear is probably fine. To adjust, you need to remove the wheel and then put the tool into the small adjustment collar to loosen and then use the bigger collar to adjust the height accordingly. Although it looks good, I’d say your front is 100% likely to scrape when pushed. The Nitron spring rate is reasonably soft (rides is amazing) and there’s actually not much room above the tyre in the guard up front.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My trailer was finally ready to be picked up today. Now beings the setup phase before I head off to VIR next week before heading to LOG40!

Trailer todos
  • Paint inside walls white
  • Run leds along the roof
  • Back up camera
  • Winch
  • Storage

Amazing what some white paint will do for a trailer
Sky Road surface Plant Shade Asphalt

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
887 Posts
Added a can of R134a. Hope this isn't an issue.

The ports are behind the right front wheel well cover, back side. Turn the wheel all the way to the right. Undo the screws holding the mud flap on. I left the innermost in and had enough flexibility. Remove the screw higher up, at about 10 O'clock, looking at the well. Using a trim pry tool, gently pry the liner and plastic fastener out of the hole. Pull forward and you can see the AC ports. Blue caps means you have R134a in your system. I don't know if the R1234(something) was used in the US or not, but there would be black caps on them if it is a R1234 system. I was about a can low. The coil was freezing up on me.

5941 - 5960 of 6110 Posts