The Lotus Cars Community banner
6041 - 6060 of 6123 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
I wonder if anybody has ever considered installing a pair of these on an Evora..... I mean obviously one would have to have a pretty aggressive, track focused type build. They would be perfect for adding some cooling ducts to the rear brakes while also filling that huge, boring, plain open void area in front of the rear wheels.

If memory serves, most variants of the Evora GT4 over the years have used this exact same dual NACA duct design for rear brakes cooling, only it's always integrated into the painted side/rocker panel.
IIRC, there's a member here that has the factory GT4 vents on their Evora, but it required removal of the rear upper and lower clam for install and paint matching.

EDIT: Found it. @Vancouver has them: Evora S vs Evora 400..Picture Battle?

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,874 Posts
It was great meeting you at LOG.
It was great meeting you too! And I just today received the screws you sent. That's awesome customer service. I wasn't expecting that.

Reactions: GregsRaceParts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sorry to see the damage mate. No good. I tripped a kangaroo over in my Elise many years ago, but they’re a bit smaller! Hopefully a simple fix.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I found a couple of pictures when I was working on the barge board install

View attachment 1297544
That black rubber hose with the 2 sticker tags around it in your wheelwell pic above, is that the closest thing (hose, wiring, bracket, etc. etc.) to the composite backside surface of the rocker panel area where this vent would go?

If it is, then I would have more than enough real estate inside there to make it work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That black rubber hose with the 2 sticker tags around it in your wheelwell pic above, is that the closest thing (hose, wiring, bracket, etc. etc.) to the composite backside surface of the rocker panel area where this vent would go?

If it is, then I would have more than enough real estate inside there to make it work.
I think the driver's side is the one to worry about more than the passenger side . . . I would need to see what ducting would be needed also to figure out routing to the brakes.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't have the balls to cut the panel to mount them (also why I haven't added CF vents above front wheels).

View attachment 1297542
Dude if I'm confident the APR CF one I posted above would look good on my setup, I'll cut the chit out of that rocker in a heartbeat.

Listen bro, without risk and exploration there there can be no progress, like the Indians who discovered the Americas.

...Wait... :unsure:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think the driver's side is the one to worry about more than the passenger side . . . I would need to see what ducting would be needed also to figure out routing to the brakes.
Don't worry about the ducting, if the internal structure (namely the (2) round flex hose connection points that would be inside the fender) of that part I posted will fit, or even close enough, the rest can be worked with to make it happen. But the ducting would be your typical metal ring supported fabric flex hose, exactly like your stock black giant intake hose upstream of the plastic maze crap with the little black colostomy bag.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Found out my fail to idle issue, the MAF sensor was blocked by a piece of the foam filter from the intake that came loose.

Also attempting to reinstall the stock intake is a good lesson in why its such a pain to remove...

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
122 Posts
Looks great, I find it kind of unnerving to drill into my Evora...but I do have the standard tailgate. I've heard it doesnt work for that one

It was unnerving drilling into an expensive piece of carbon fiber, but the end results are awesome! You can do it to yours but you will have add the 410 Tailgate HethelSport | Lotus Evora Specialty that should allow you to do the 430 wing. I say go for it!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
407 Posts
It was unnerving drilling into an expensive piece of carbon fiber, but the end results are awesome! You can do it to yours but you will have add the 410 Tailgate HethelSport | Lotus Evora Specialty that should allow you to do the 430 wing. I say go for it!
I would be very interested in seeing a write up of the installation process if you took any pictures and have time to do that.

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
122 Posts
Looks great, I find it kind of unnerving to drill into my Evora...but I do have the standard tailgate. I've heard it doesnt work for that one

It was unnerving drilling into an expensive piece of carbon fiber, but the end results are awesome! You can do it to yours but you will have add the ducktail spoiler https://hethelsport.com/exterior/tailgates/ducktail/ that should allow you to do the 430 wing. I say go for it!
I would be very interested in seeing a write up of the installation process if you took any pictures and have time to do that.

I did not because zthang118 did a great job of doing that in this video.
just measure several times and use magnets so you know where you are drilling it. But over all an easy process.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Art

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood

Wood Architecture Automotive tire Automotive exterior Tints and shades

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, after 5 years of ownership, I got my first CEL - P0101. I do have a radium intake that the previous owner installed but I never had a problem. No shake or stumble, the light just came on. Going to take out the sensor and clean it, reinstall and finally do the zip tie (every year I say I am going to do it).

The car must have heard me talking. My wife and I went out for ice cream and we were talking about selling and looking for something different just for a change and I looked down and I watched the light turn on.

6041 - 6060 of 6123 Posts