The Lotus Cars Community banner
6061 - 6080 of 6117 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
The car must have heard me talking. My wife and I went out for ice cream and we were talking about selling and looking for something different just for a change and I looked down and I watched the light turn on.
Maybe I should remove the microphone that Lotus installed on top of the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Laser alignment done by a real pro… who finally solved my clanking problem (ARB endlink hitting coil over spring perch and one coil of spring on every single god d**m bump I went over) from the original install of my Nitron coilovers! No more noise thank you baby Jesus!

Basically I had setback on passenger front wheel like bad bad which I knew, I could see it. Adjusted castor to pull it back which also freed up the restrictions I was seeing in camber/toe and allowed proper full range adjustment again within spec range.

The last 2 “professionals” that did my alignment didn’t even touch caster and my last alignment by our “top” resident Indy “Lotus professional” (per our local Lotus owners) didn’t touch it either and actually set other camber/toe specs that would compensate for the pull from setback instead of fixing the actual problem… 🤨

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

But then also… Evora died on the alignment lift… :cautious:

So ended up doing this too:

Luggage and bags Automotive lighting Bag Trunk Hood

·
Registered
69 Posts
@\boostmonkey/ nice! i just got mine realigned on friday for some autocross. curious on that wing you have on there. any pics of what the braket is attached to?

·
Registered
338 Posts
@\boostmonkey/ nice! i just got mine realigned on friday for some autocross. curious on that wing you have on there. any pics of what the braket is attached to?
Fully custom fabbed wing upright mounts with 0.0625” Neoprene gaskets to protect carbon finish and keep water out of bolt holes. I’m also switching every single piece of SS fastener hardware from airfoil to base mounts to all black 100% Titanium hardware.
Additionally, the black powder coated carbon steel hatch top mounts are also structurally reinforced on bottom side of hatch with two large slightly thicker than 1/8” aluminum plates that have been meticulously cold worked to match the exact contours (within <1mm) of bottom side of hatch. Wing’s base mount bolts go through these plates with nuts on the end. Exact contouring of plates ensures no bit of the sandwiched carbon fiber hatch skin is bent or ‘folded’ in a bind which can lead to stress spiderweb cracking.
Aluminum plates extend from each side of the hatch’s carbon ‘square tubing’ to provide more load dispersion and structural rigidity under force. And just for good measure, these plates are fabbed with attachment ‘winglets’ on each side and are riveted into the carbon tubing structure of the hatch to provide lateral bracing that helps this hatch top surface area and the wing with rigidity during high lateral loading of the wing (such as high speed corners).

So yeah… that’s the long answer. 🤓

I can very safely say this is the absolute best method of functionally surface mount only installing this wing when chassis bracing was not an option. Voltex in Japan does this the best in world (for their non chassis brace applicAtions) so I copied their method more or less but improved upon it a bit for my application.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Wood Grille

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim Personal luxury car

·
Registered
184 Posts
So the swaybar bushings didnt help with the noise in the long wrong ?

Laser alignment done by a real pro… who finally solved my clanking problem (ARB endlink hitting coil over spring perch and one coil of spring on every single god d**m bump I went over) from the original install of my Nitron coilovers! No more noise thank you baby Jesus!

Basically I had setback on passenger front wheel like bad bad which I knew, I could see it. Adjusted castor to pull it back which also freed up the restrictions I was seeing in camber/toe and allowed proper full range adjustment again within spec range.

The last 2 “professionals” that did my alignment didn’t even touch caster and my last alignment by our “top” resident Indy “Lotus professional” (per our local Lotus owners) didn’t touch it either and actually set other camber/toe specs that would compensate for the pull from setback instead of fixing the actual problem… 🤨

View attachment 1297949

But then also… Evora died on the alignment lift… :cautious:

So ended up doing this too:

View attachment 1297950

·
Registered
2011 Evora S, 2017 BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
25 Posts
Well since I finally had it delivered on Saturday, started taking it apart To check everything. Knowing it had been repaired found the repairs on the left rear. No signs at all of structure damage just glass work. Issues found so far. Missing and non Lotus hardware, left front turn signal(ugh), damage oil cooler line. Wheels were known to be tweaked sending them in for repair and redcoat. Front bumper misaligned. Will do complete fluid change on everything!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Machine Auto part

·
Registered
565 Posts
Super cool! That's funny to see the size difference between the Evora and GT350 on track. My 350R is parked next to my Evora 400 and the Lotus is like a junior sized car in comparison.
Yeah its wild how small the Evora can seem and then you have an Elise show up and be even smaller.

I have also lined up behind Challengers at the track and they look like trucks

·
Administrator
7,535 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Were you able to keep up with steelankles?
I was holding my own out there though certainly didn't have the horses for the outside loop to get the same top speeds. I hit 138 top and the mustangs were hitting 150+.

Ended the weekend with a time of 1:35 which is around where I clocked the Ferrari in the group above me (they were running 2 drivers). Really was starting to get a feel for a line that seemed to work well for the car.

After the photo above I actually gave the red mustang a point by and then he spun on the next lap as I was chasing him around.
Sky Daytime Car Tire Vehicle

Another interesting note was that when I registered the guy at the desk said every Lotus that ran with the group had spun and you don't want to spin here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Took this one for a test drive a few weeks ago. In Marina Del Ray, CA. Previous owner had it in Arizona. Does anyone know the car? It’s been sitting with dealer for 3-4 months .
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
257 Posts
I've driven past it a bunch at that dealer on Lincoln. I'm always skeptical of exotic used dealers, but it's a really pretty color.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

Not today, but I bought this beauty Tuesday. A few things are being sorted at Sports Car World in Dallas, then I’ll be able to pick it up and bring it back to Kansas. Can’t wait!

My plans are to give it the black pack treatment (top and side skirts), refinish the rims either black or gold/bronze, install the BOE CAI and headers, and add lightness! Overtime I’d like to install the GT hatch and remove some other weight where I can.

That and drive the daylights out of it.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
891 Posts
Just in time for our Brits in the Ozarks car show Oct 8/9, Fayetteville, AR. 114 cars pre-registered, 2 Lotus.

6061 - 6080 of 6117 Posts