The Lotus Cars Community banner
6101 - 6117 of 6117 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Insurance expires today and there's a mandatory snow tire requirement on local highways. I took the car in town for a brief spin to pick up some groceries. Then backed it into the garage and put the cover on.. will hook up the battery tender this weekend. That's it until next May! :cry:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Insurance expires today and there's a mandatory snow tire requirement on local highways. I took the car in town for a brief spin to pick up some groceries. Then backed it into the garage and put the cover on.. will hook up the battery tender this weekend. That's it until next May! :cry:
I'm sorry for your loss :cry: It's getting close to that time here in WI and I'm not looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2011 Evora S, 2017 BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
25 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss :cry: It's getting close to that time here in WI and I'm not looking forward to it.
On a happy note I just bought MPS4’s to get me through the winter.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I programed the Homelink in my 2014 Evora S to work with my garage door opener. It only took about six tries to get workingo_O

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tim
That's a bummer, I hope to get a few more drives before the weather changes.

·
Registered
2011 Lotus Evora S - 2000 Honda Civic SiR Turbo
206 Posts
I'm pushing mine in canada right now, as long as no snow or gravel, she will be on the streets. Gotta utilize our 5 months of summer lol

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
891 Posts
We bought my wife's bike in Lethbridge, AB on a road trip in '87. Her first day out, it was 40F and pouring down rain. They said they didn't have a summer that year.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
You don't have any coverage on it for 8 months? What about someone breaking into your garage and stealing it, etc?
Many just cancel collision, but for me its just a few hundred and I'm afraid to forget it later and want the option to take it out on a surprise warm day.

·
Registered
338 Posts
For some reason, my GRP carbon sail panel metal mesh changed from black to gold… likely due to a chemical reaction from touch less wash polish or soap chemicals as this car has never been touched by wash unless by hand and that was rare because I’m lazy. And nothing has touched this metal mesh.

Anywho, those of you who have it know the mesh is too large anyway, doesn’t match the small mesh on little vents on sides of rear hatch. So, I found some on Amazon that was damn close, aluminum painted gloss black mesh for super cheap.

GRP was kind enough not to plastic weld goop the mesh on, but rather goop the hold down bendable clips on (thank you Greg!!). So super easy off with the old mesh and super easy on with the new mesh.

Using the old mesh, flatten it, use as template, use tape for template, use tin snips to cut new mesh, and here we go to an upgrade:
Road surface Automotive exterior Tints and shades Bumper Metal

Wood Mesh Pattern Composite material Metal

Road surface Asphalt Organism Font Grass

·
Registered
338 Posts
Btw in case anybody wants to mention mesh diamond directions vs old mesh, mine purposely is 180 from old mesh because old mesh direction (on the 2 large vents) was wrong vs stock piece. Replacements will be all same direction, long dimensions of diamonds in horizontal across piece side to side.

Because I’m thorough, and scientific. 🤓

·
Registered
338 Posts
Finished product looks so damn good, I highly recommend this if big mesh on the sail panel bothers you or gets damaged somehow. Less than $20 for a roll of this nice mesh sized like the rest on Evora, it looks just the original oem mesh did but this carbon looks so good!
That said, a lot of time to get the pushed up look like I did as oem is. Rubber pliers handle pushing down lightly section by section after clipping it down ensuring you leave it a bit loose at first. It’s a learning curve but the finished product is awesome!

Brown Wood Wood stain Hardwood Composite material

Hood Wood Floor Flooring Automotive design

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
891 Posts
Finished product looks so damn good, I highly recommend this if big mesh on the sail panel bothers you or gets damaged somehow. Less than $20 for a roll of this nice mesh sized like the rest on Evora, it looks just the original oem mesh did but this carbon looks so good!
Looks good!

Was Greg's mesh anodized aluminum? I have seen black anodized aluminum turn gold with exposure to sunlight.

6101 - 6117 of 6117 Posts