The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 5049 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Plasti-Dip. Amazing stuff.
I'm not sure how long this will last, but I've heard good things and since this car isn't a DD, that'll surely help.

Masking off will make my job easier. Not the most professional, but it'll do.
[/IMG]

This was after about 3 of 8 coats.
[/IMG]

Final look. The "overspray" area peels right off.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Let's see some shots of those new ones!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Found out what 130mph in the Evora feels like at Pacific Raceways today.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Found out what 130mph in the Evora feels like at Pacific Raceways today.
Oooooo, tell us more. It feels faster in the Evota compared to my bike.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Plasti-Dip. Amazing stuff.
I'm not sure how long this will last, but I've heard good things and since this car isn't a DD, that'll surely help.

Masking off will make my job easier. Not the most professional, but it'll do.
[/IMG]

This was after about 3 of 8 coats.
[/IMG]

Final look. The "overspray" area peels right off.
[/IMG]
FWIW...I plasti dipped my wheels back in february..it is just now starting to wear off, about 6000 miles later

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
4 or 5 can't remember

·
Registered
112 Posts
FWIW...I plasti dipped my wheels back in february..it is just now starting to wear off, about 6000 miles later
Good to know! And the lettering will be getting a lot less punishment than the wheels so I'm hopeful that it'll last through my ownership.

Now... if only I can get the car back out of the shop and actually drive it. :D I stopped by today and this is what I saw -eek-

[/url]
[/IMG]

(Dashboard replacement due to bubbling).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Collected mine from the dealer on Wednesday (not today, but hope it's ok to post...). Lots of warranty niggles, refurbished the Diamond Cut rims (doable but expensive, split cost with dealer as a service company ruined them when storing them away for winter but i added some even deeper kinks on a B road when I miscalculated a curve and scratched the inner wheels along the curbstone), got steel valves on all wheels, new badge ahold one was peeling off, new leather door handles I stead of plastic. The last item is a huuuuge improvement of the entire interior. Ah, and new front tires, they lasted some 4-5000 miles longer than the rears.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Sven, door handles- factory replacements or custom? and they were warrantied?

Is there a sight like lotusgarage that sells Evora parts?

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
The California Duster and a drive to work, same as almost every other day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Had my friend push me down the street so I could start!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Had so much fun yesterday I went to the track again today. Haven't been out to the ridge yet but want to, these last two days were the first for me on the track. The Evora is very confidence inspiring because it telegraphs everything back to you. Until I put it on the track I really had no idea how incredible the handling and braking really where in the car. If I was a better driver I'm sure the car has way more to give.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sven, door handles- factory replacements or custom? and they were warrantied?

Is there a sight like lotusgarage that sells Evora parts?
One was broken. Lotus will only replace like for like, ie the plastic thing and no refund if you want to upgrade. So I ordered the leather factory replacements through my Lotus dealer.

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
She got to go to the office yesterday

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Drove it around town and to the Mini dealer where we looked at a potential Cooper S to add to the portfolio as a utilitarian. I'm tempted to blab on about the cars we looked at today, but I'm even more compelled to comment on how spectacular the Evora S was when I stomped on the mothereffer. What a car.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
In the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "what a car"! Its funny how in a small town like Pensacola Florida, people go ape**** over this thing. Plus the exhaust helps...although I heard "its a Tesla" from one crowd.

61 - 80 of 5049 Posts