The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 5049 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thanks guys, these are great cars. Not cheap to purchase or keep up sometimes (they are sub BMW's after all). But if you order your car new, it can be fun to spec it out. My wife also has a 2012 Countryman, that we ordered new as well.
Ron:UK:

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
All I did to my Evora today is think about it while it's having repairs done & engine cover painted. :) Now I'm sporting a Fiat 500 as my loaner car, & I must say I'm not in the least bit impressed. Timed 0-60 runs & the fastest time I could get was 14.5 seconds in Sport mode. Pretty pathetic.:shrug:

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
All I did to my Evora today is think about it while it's having repairs done & engine cover painted. :) Now I'm sporting a Fiat 500 as my loaner car, & I must say I'm not in the least bit impressed. Timed 0-60 runs & the fastest time I could get was 14.5 seconds in Sport mode. Pretty pathetic.:shrug:
What is this you speak of "loaner car"rotfl

My dealer will offer to call Enterprise for me when I'm having service. of course on my dime.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
I finally got around to fixing the GPS which had frozen and had me parked at home no matter where I was. Amazingly, the fix took about 4 seconds and then another 30 seconds to put all my options back the way I had them before I reset the whole thing. Best part was seeing that the last time I tracked a satellite was March 7th. Feel like an idiot for waiting 6 months to do a 34 second job.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Haven't done squat to my Evora all week, which perplexes my girlfriend. Why, she asked after I started driving the Mini to work, would you buy such an expensive car only to have it sit in the garage? Why, of course, I responded, because it's a guy thing and car thing to love knowing it's preserved and in pristine condition when I get home. She sort of got it.

I'd add the crazy emote for emphasis if only I could find it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Washed the track grime off her and cleaned the inside so she's ready for exotics at Redmond tomorrow.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm always curious to read about what people did to there Evora. Now I read about what in my view is an example of good marketing, ok looks but probably the most overrated handling I know. Hard suspension does not mean good handling (as most Lotus drivers know), it under steers like mad and, in a different department, let's not talk about the logic of its navsat system. Maybe we can get back on topic and the Mini drivers open a new discussion...

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
... Now I read about what in my view is an example of good marketing, ok looks but probably the most overrated handling I know. Hard suspension does not mean good handling (as most Lotus drivers know), it under steers like mad ...
If you have bad understeer then you have an alignment, tire problem or broken rear ARB link or bracket. From skid pad to track this is a very neutral balanced car out of the box.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Back roads though the countryside to a Birthday dinner for a friend. Just love the GPS system in this car.
so was it a rare rainy day there? i drove one on a sunny day in montreal and wow, was it ever hard to see anything on that screen

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
Took her out for a photo shoot this morning. Photos courtesy of Jim King Photography, Longview TX

Attachments

101 - 120 of 5049 Posts